On behalf of 4WDTRIP, I am heading to Wondonga on 7-8th Apr for helping a group of Journalists from Motoring.com.au to film a series of 4wd beginner tips.
I expect the filming will be finished on Friday afternoon.
We will then check out the area in Wondonga and beyond, possibly at Yackandandah and Stanley area. Note; this is not a high country trip that you need to travel 200km a day. This is more for exploring unknown area/tracks, possibly some expected hard and steep tracks so be prepared.
Apparently there are many great tracks and many of them are being used by the ARMY for training. One of the well known track is called "Long Tom". Well, not sure if I will try it but want to check it out.
· 6:00pm - Meet at Yarkandandah Foodworks
· 6:30pm - Head to Camp. There are a few camp sites just 5km south/east of Yark. They are marked as No.1-6 (they may not be sign posted). You will take Bells Flats Road heading south, and enter No.1 Link Road. Please keep driving along all the camp sites until you find us.
Saturday (Total ~ 60km)
· Break camp at 8am.
· Go back to Yark for supply/toilet/fuel.
Mt Baranduda – 13km
· Head north to Mt. Baranduda SP. This state park is small but with many steep tracks. Some of the tracks may be narrow or for bikes only so we will find out. There are only few access points and tracks may be gated off.
· We will loop back and come back to Yark.
Mt Stanley (North) – 23 km
· Through Yark and head ack to Camp
· Continue on No.1 Link Road until we reach to Long Tom
· Heading east to Beechworth direction
· Finish at Sliver Creek
· We can drop by Beechworth if needed
Mt Stanley (West to South) – 22 km
· A few steep tracks
· Continue on till camp grounds near Mt Stanley (on Mystleford-StanleyRoad)
· Camp on Sat night
Sunday (Total ~ 40km)
Mt Stanley (East) – 40km
· Break camp at 8am
· Head north and push to Mt Stanley Summit (~ 1000m)
· Turn East enter Carrols Trk (could be overgrown and difficult)
· Loop around southern part of Mt Stanley
· Head north again and finish at Bruarong, south of Yark
- Electric Winch
- Recovery Gear