Billy goat bluff

Forum > 4WD Tracks & Destinations
Previous   1 2 3

()
02 Apr 2016

$1000 !! will you pay me that much??, I will leave my worn out all terrains on and wait till it really rains if you want

Not an offer for a landy, it was for Don in the navara which is a similar capability ute type vehicle.

()
02 Apr 2016

Well my little Chinese car on road tyres should be 2to1 . So I would take 2000 big ones. Do you have pics of where you had problems?

Hey Dennis, not a great angle, as you can't see how deep the holes were.

One was at the front left and the other was rear right, 

The little ranger is a great work ute, but they just don't have the wheel travel when coming up against crossed up sections like this.

Right click on the pic, save it to the desktop and view it bigger.

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
02 Apr 2016

() wrote:

Not an offer for a landy, it was for Don in the navara which is a similar capability ute type vehicle.

Ah well worth a try...

Andrew
Andrew (whipit)
02 Apr 2016

() wrote:

Hey Mark can I have a crack at the $1000? as you know I have a Navara and its breezed through couple places where you have lost traction 

()
02 Apr 2016

Hey Mark can I have a crack at the $1000? as you know I have a Navara and its breezed through couple places where you have lost traction 

Nice try, you really need to do it at the same time and conditions. &yes you did get through a section I didn't BUT there was a car coming down on the good line when I was going there and I had to take the shit line going up. It's on the video "mate" Funny thing about video's it's not open to interpretation.

Well I did Billy's and what a fantastic thing to do. you know guys for me it was a challenge that i wanted to do, and if it wasnt for all of the advice and encouragement from you guys that know me in the short time I have been doing this 4x4, I probably would never have got to do it. There is 2 people I must thank Mark yarraranger who I have done a few trips with Mark now, and found he is more than helpful he gave me encouragement and really helped more than he knows thes last few days, the things I have learnt are numorous its as if it was fate that mark and I have done so many trips together. and the other person who I believe and I am sure most of you will agree is an icon in the 4x4 fraternity is of course Alanmac. The advice and things I learnt from you mate on the very few trips I have done with you I will always cherish, the day you guided me down the ladder on my first trip at Mt Dissa four words still ring in my ears "slow slow crawl crawl" I have learnt a little from everyone from 4wdtrip. Now for my rating of Billy i woud say it is a medium in the dry as some sections was still a little moist, there is no way I would attempt it in the wet, no matter what vehicle you have, simply because it is to dangerouse to do in  the rain. (the track rating is my opinion only)

Andrew
Andrew (whipit)
02 Apr 2016

() wrote:

Nice try, you really need to do it at the same time and conditions. &yes you did get through a section I didn't BUT there was a car coming down on the good line when I was going there and I had to take the shit line going up. It's o......

all good I was just fishing for a bite...  but if I ever go there when it's wet and make it I will invoice you for $1000 laugh

()
02 Apr 2016

I feel sorry for the poor buggers doing it after us, we chewed it up even more.

George
George (Georgie_Kyro)
16 Aug 2016

Totally agree Dennis. Driven Billy Goats numerous times and at best I would rate it 'medium', but a couple of times when it has been badly chewed up due to traffic etc, I would rate it hard. In saying that, with my track rating I always......

110%
Nail on the head.
When billy's is graded its like going down bourke st in yhe city.
When you've had a few rigs going up it you start to see all the steep steps etc
Been on it numerous times and each time it was different conditions

Hi John,

Just got back from there yesterday. I have to say mate it was a seriously good challenge. Amazing vertical climbs and it was rough as guts on Saturday. 1st low (in most sections heading up) was the only way to avoid bounce. ......

Great pic Angelo, great sky which really lifts the photo, good job on the stiching as well

Previous   1 2 3