Are forum members really interested in Trip Reports?.

Forum > General Discussion
Previous   1 2 3   Next

()
26 Nov 2015

Message deleted by the author.

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
26 Nov 2015

(Mark Park Ranger wrote)

Getting back to Allans question, yes I like to read reports, to be honest I haven't made a big effort with mine as they are all easy trips that no one is interested in looking at, and the areas have been done to death, so there is little point.

Mark, I think there are many people here who like reading reports, whether it be an easy or hard trip; I know I do.

Luke
Luke (Hiluxlou)
26 Nov 2015

It seems posting pics/video and a report is not easy and I for one am not that flash on the computer anyway . That says to me the system for posting vids etc needs to be simplified , I do enjoy reading trip reports but can understand why people cbf posting if it's to hard . Maybe sort that out and people will post more reports.

()
26 Nov 2015

Message deleted by the author.

Ricky
Ricky (R1XSTA)
27 Nov 2015

I like the trip reports and enjoy seeing the photos that come from it. My wife is an aspiring photographer so snaps photos all day while we're out.

Although from the last toolangi report, I was ready to give up trying to post nearly 50 photos. Having to resize them 3 times then having to host off site, and then still go through the process that is required here. Its a very tedious and not 'pc illiterate' friendly.

Regardless of all that; I enjoy reading trip reports whether it be a big trip or a small trip.

Furthermore, I don't mind watching videos of cars driving on a dirt road, I would rather 20 minutes of that than 5 minutes of someone trying to winch up a hill.

Glenn (Mulga)
13 Feb 2016

Hi All,

(1st time poster)

I only joined this Site a couple of days ago (or there abouts) for the sole reason of learning what tracks are out there & what they are like to travel on (not withstanding changes due to weather, grading etc)

I was hoping to view maps, pictures & a few videos to help determine whether the particular track I may be intersted in is "doable" with my vehicle, accessories & driving ability & maybe join my 1st ever organised trip. (I would not join a trip  without 1st checking out whether my set-up & I were up to it)

Short answer is;

1. Yes

2. Leader should have "1st right of refusal" (is this part of the Trip Leaders responsibilities?)

3. I have not had the opportunity to upload anything as yet, as am new to the area (City living now) & also never been on an organised trip. (Born & Bred in the country in SW Victoria, so not a novelty) 

Also have to admit I have joined a couple of other forums & like someone else has mentioned, a comment can quickly turn to a "slinging match" 

I try to remember that we all have our own opinions (which are formed by life experience, here-say, reading, forums, stories etc) & that should be respected, even if I may not agree with it. 

Imparting knowledge to help someone who may be doing something wrong, hard or dangerous should be given with respect, as they may be doing, what they think, is the right thing in their eyes. It is up to them if they want to take it on board or not. (dangerous may need a bit more "reinforcing for obvious reasons)

Kind Regards & keep up the good work

Mulga

Allan
Allan (Big Pig)
13 Feb 2016

Glenn , a great post I must say , I to like to express my opinion but don't push it to hard, you seem like a very level headed bloke , I am often the eldest in the groups I go out with and I try to pass on a little bit of wisdom.

Angelo
Angelo (cokeaddict)
21 Mar 2016

I like reading reports. For people like myself who has only been down in Victoria for 3 years now, it’s nice to read the comments on trips especially when the tracks are mentioned as it can help me work out a few things like can the trip be done alone and time it took to do etc, etc.

I think the info is priceless as some of you know I do travel alone. Main reason for that is I enjoy photography and it can stop my travelling for hours at a time if I find a place worth setting up the gear for to take a shot or 2. This can be very boring for others as they really are not doing anything. So rather than feel bad about slowing others down, I go it alone.

I do not think it is up to the trip leader alone to post reports, The more opinions we read the better.

Posting pics is a PITA but most sites are the same.

I would also like to see maps of the trip completed by groups which again would help outsiders make a decision as to doing that trip or not.

Just my shillings worth.

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
31 Mar 2016

I like reading reports. For people like myself who has only been down in Victoria for 3 years now, it’s nice to read the comments on trips especially when the tracks are mentioned as it can help me work out a few things like can the trip ......

Agree Angelo, going over old ground, but dont think it is going to improve...sad. At least a couple of members who regularily run trips are honest enough to say they dont put up trip reports; their call, but it doesnt stop others doing so. I also like to see reports and pics but it still seems most of us find it too difficult to use the 'Trip Reports & Experiences' section for posting pics....sad.

Don (Maddon)
01 Apr 2016

i love the trip reports / i know how much it takes to put these things up cause i cant and i love the pics especiallly

Dennis (Dennis)
18 May 2016

More trip reports and more photos please.

That's the motivation to get out there again!

David
David (Davevk)
18 May 2016

As someone who has lead a few trips and written trip reports I sort of come to the conclusion no one read them, so I think the last two trips I didn't write a report. I suppose it would of been nice if people would comment on the trip report but it probably takes up to much time to comment.

So I probably won't write any more reports but I would try to upload photo's etc more often. But if you want to, you can always join more trips or lead trips if you want to experience them.

Cheers.

Dennis
Dennis (bigden)
18 May 2016

As someone who has lead a few trips and written trip reports I sort of come to the conclusion no one read them, so I think the last two trips I didn't write a report. I suppose it would of been nice if people would comment on the ......

I always read the reports so don't take the lack of replies as a snub. The site is a little quiet , so maybe they were missed. 

I've been busy lately and havnt got out so I enjoy seeing what others are doing

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
18 May 2016

I am tending to agree with David; dont think I will bother anymore. Whilst the forum is quiet, I thought there would be far more activity in the 'Trip Reports & Experiences' as that is what the site is primarily about. Run numerous trips and see people taking heaps of pics but very few take the time to post; again process is too time consuming for most people...angry. As I have said earlier, If this was made easier, I am sure more would be more inclined to post pics etc.

Ready to be flamed, but really dissapointed that the admins of this site didnt post reports on the Carpenter Rocks or Wodonga trips that they arranged/attended, but if they cant be bothered, understandable that others CBF also.

()
18 May 2016

Yeah the pic posting needs to be fixed, I didn't bother taking pics on my latest trip as I had done that trip before and it was going to be a pain to post them.

Previous   1 2 3   Next