Newby intro jill

Forum > General Discussion

Hi, I'm an older lady that's taken up 4wd in VIc, bought an old troopy a few years ago for $4000, to see how serious I was before spending big dollars on one. Did a 2 day certificate course up at Rawson in her, was hooked after that. then an advanced driving course in the troopy,  was hooked after that. Now I have a 76 series 5 door troopy, as well as the old girl, which I'm trying to justify keeping, but running out of excuses. 

i grew up in the bush in Tas as well as WA outback, at  the moment I've mainly been touring vic and Tas when I get the chance, so I'm used to 4wd and camping. Yet to join a club, it's abit difficult to get to meetings due work. 

Dennis
Dennis (bigden)
09 Aug 2015

Welcome to 4wdtrip jill

ime an old fella myself and found this site great. Only been on 2 trips but have enjoyed the company of everyone I've meet. Ime sure you will find some trips to suit what your looking for

dennis

Hi Denis, thanks for replying. I haven't been on any real tracks since the course, as tempting as they look, but I know the rules, mainly go around vic, can't go too far on weekends. I go up to whalala quite abit and do some camping around some of the national parks. 

Winston
Winston (Winston_FJ)
10 Aug 2015

Welcome Jill.

I did my first trip yesterday and it was a great day with fantastic people. Keep an eye on trips and jump on board or even run your own! I organised yesterday's trip and we had 8 vehicle in total and tackled some good easy to medium level tracks including some decent bog holes. Great fun and really challenging for me as a newby in a stock vehicle.

Scott
Scott (roadsafe4wd)
10 Aug 2015

Welcome 

Welcome Jill. I only joined recently myself. I have found that the posted trips get full pretty quick, but I'll keep trying to get on 1 when I can.

this looks a great site, have to be quick to join them though, booked the camping trip to Marybrough. 

Colin
Colin (Col_and_Nic)
11 Aug 2015

best way to be quick is to have your email on your phone set to give you a notification as soon as you get an email its the only way I've managed to get on Trips signing up as soon as I can then asking the wife later ... lol 

Both trips were full before I got the email :(

Angelo
Angelo (cokeaddict)
14 Aug 2015

Welcome Jill,

Yes this is a great place. No 'politics" here, just people who share a similar passion. Look forward to meeting you out there. I have done 3 trips with these boys and they have all been excellent. 

Welcome aboard jill I'm sure you will have lots of fun on the trips and meeting new people. Work does make it hard at times but there are alot of trips that get posted a d there will be one that suits your needs I'm sure. Kind regards Terry De Vries from mrmods and 4wdtrip committee member. Above all have fun

Ray (gippyguy)
18 Aug 2015

Hi Jill

If you are still looking for a club to join go to http://www.toyota4x4vic.org.au/.

You will be more than welcome to come and have a look before you join

regards

Ray