Reccy runs for new trips around Vic.

Forum > Trip Ideas (Expression of Interest)
1 2 3   Next
Winston
Winston (Winston_FJ)
23 Jul 2015

Hi everyone I'm working towards potentially running some beginner to medium trips in the not too distant future. As a part of running these trips I will need to explore areas and know which tracks are suitable. And therefore I will need a 2nd vehicle in case of recovery.

At this point will be mostly focusing on Lerderderg, Tallarook region and Walhalla. Other options open to suggestion.

Is anyone interested in joining me for these runs to work out suitable loops?

Ryan
Ryan (Mac)
23 Jul 2015

Yeah I'd be keen to do a trip around Walhalla

()
23 Jul 2015

I think you'll get innundated with replies!

I'd be interested in Tallarook and Walhalla.

Are many tracks in walhalla open at the moment?

Peter Harker
Peter Harker (Harks)
23 Jul 2015

Hi I would be interested in around walhalla area up toward mt useful and mt Selma but only available every second weekend we have a fair bit of experience around walhalla with the group I go out with too 

Winston
Winston (Winston_FJ)
23 Jul 2015

Fantastic guys. As we all know doing any trip requires backup vehicles and also an idea of the loops that will work for a group of vehicles.

I will wait until after the beginner trip that Tony and Kelvin are running to organise something.

My closest regions are T'rook and Lerderderg but I am very keen on exploring Walhalla.

The exploration trips would be 3 vehicles max and people with experience of the areas would be greatly appreciated.

Antony
Antony (Peloza79)
23 Jul 2015

() wrote:

I think you'll get innundated with replies!

I'd be interested in Tallarook and Walhalla.

Are many tracks in walhalla open at the moment?

There are a only a few shut around walhalla and I would class them as hard tracks this time of year anyway

Dan
Dan (Beercandan)
23 Jul 2015

Yeah I would be keen around Walhalla region

Daniel
Daniel (bigdan91)
23 Jul 2015

Heading up to mt dissapointment/tallarook area this weekend looking for beginner-medium tracks. Will let you know what we find

We want to be there. Looking forward to getting these dates 

Chris Burr

()
23 Jul 2015

Always keen on walhalla and Thompson dam area

()
23 Jul 2015

There are a only a few shut around walhalla and I would class them as hard tracks this time of year anyway

G'day Anthony,

thanks mate, could you suggest some easy beginner tracks?

Angelo
Angelo (cokeaddict)
23 Jul 2015

Always good to get out for a day.

Finding new places is all part of the fun. Sometimes you dont find anything worth your time but other times you find something that makes the day fantastic. either way Its enjoyable to get out there.

David (DSPIES)
23 Jul 2015

I don't think you'll have any shortage of offers.

Post it up in advance and i'd jump at the chance too.

Heading up to mt dissapointment/tallarook area this weekend looking for beginner-medium tracks. Will let you know what we find

how many trucks going with you this weekend?

Daniel
Daniel (bigdan91)
23 Jul 2015

how many trucks going with you this weekend?

4 total. More of just a camping trip not my usual 4x4 crew 

Looking for easy-medium tracks because all the vehicles are lacking muddies except one which has them but no bullbar or winch haha

1 2 3   Next