Mt Disappointment 18th July 2015

Forum > Your Trip Report & Experience
1 2 3   Next
Tony
Tony (le Dakar)
18 Jul 2015

Trip-- http://www.4wdtrip.com.au/trip.aspx?tripid=221

Well.  Certainly Mt Disappointment was no disappointment.  Top day.  Blessed by the weather and good company.  Jason put together an excellent loop that had a bit of everything.  The day started well with Eddie sneaking under Jasons new wrangler and attaching a zip-tie to his drive shaft.  Jason reported through the radio all morning that he could hear a ticking sound but had no idea where it was coming from (Eddie must have been wetting his pants laughing all morning). 

A long drive along a creek with lots of boulders to negotiate over. On top of that there were plenty of nice challenging hills. Despite a week of rain, everyone was able to get up every hill.  Overall, the splitting of the group into two and going in opposite ways around the loop worked well. Jasons group was the first to make it to the top of a hill for lunch and only waiting around 5 minutes before group 2 turned up from the opposite direction.  In addition, there was a good variety of vehicles including a Great Wall'' that was well tricked up and very capable (nice looking truck Dennis).  Only down side of the day was the plan to tackle 'The Ladder'.  Unfortunately there was a tree fallen across the track that was just a bit to big to move so that track was left for another day.   Thanks for posting the trip Jason..... an awesome loop and to Kelvin for leading group 2. Thanks all for your company and Eddie for being the photographer for the day. Cant wait to see the photosyes.  See you all again soon.  Cheers.

Dennis
Dennis (bigden)
18 Jul 2015

Yes it was a great day,

well done Jason ,thanks. Really enjoyed the drive along the creek that might have been a track a few weeks back. Couple of challenging bits and good company . Even if we could of got to the ladder it might have been a bit much once we joined up , just to many cars

being an old fella it was getting late for me anyway

Look forward to seeing some pics of the day

Angelo
Angelo (cokeaddict)
18 Jul 2015

Thanks for a great day guys.

This is my 3rd trip with 4WD TRIP and all have been fantastic.

Well organised and again I met some great people. I posted a few rig pics up for ya's, I will check the gopro another day (too nackered right now) I never knew they sold so many bloody jeeps in Australia.. sheesh !!!

Nick
Nick (TOPTEC)
18 Jul 2015

First experience with you guys today and was not disappointed, great experience, great atmosphere and would definetly do it again!!

Kelvin
Kelvin (TREXGQ)
19 Jul 2015

Hi Nick... great to see your awesome truck and nice to meet you all. Please can you ask your friend to join the trip by going through the trip page. If the trip is full, it's full. We ususally don't want people to bring along their mate who are not on the list. Imaging everyone bring their mate and mate's mate... we may end up having 30 cars... whcih will not only slow down the convoy but also increases the chance of getting lost and other risks etc. Hope you understand.

Kelvin
Kelvin (TREXGQ)
19 Jul 2015

Great report Tony. Can you add a link back to the trip in the future if you wsnt to post trip report here. It will not only let peoepl easily navigate back to thr trip page but also let them see other information of the trip.
The whole purpose of thr trip page is like a all under one roof management tool ... so everything related to that particlar trip should be posted there first. .. and if you want to further post the trip report here.. you can copy them and paste here...

Musti
Musti (boss200)
19 Jul 2015

Hey guys, was my first trip aswell with this group, did have a lot of fun thanks for the great navigating kelvin and jason... Also was good to meet alot of friendly people will love to join heaps more trips. Take care everyone

Kelvin
Kelvin (TREXGQ)
19 Jul 2015

Hey guys, was my first trip aswell with this group, did have a lot of fun thanks for the great navigating kelvin and jason... Also was good to meet alot of friendly people will love to join heaps more trips. Take care everyone

Likewise buddy... I can't help but envision myself in your seat one day :) 

That V8 Turbo Diesel is the best sound I heard after my baby's cry..........

Musti
Musti (boss200)
19 Jul 2015

Hahah thanks kelvin they do sound niceđź‘Ť

David (DSPIES)
19 Jul 2015

Hey guys,
Haven't been to disa before and was hoping to replicate this trip. It's there any chance you could please post up the loop or email me the track names and info. I'll then take a group out once I plug it into memory map.
Cheers!!! David

Kelvin
Kelvin (TREXGQ)
19 Jul 2015

Trip details is here David, 

http://www.4wdtrip.com.au/trip.aspx?tripid=221

You can download the route under "File" section. 

David (DSPIES)
19 Jul 2015

Thanks kelvin. What program will open that file?

Kelvin
Kelvin (TREXGQ)
19 Jul 2015

Thanks kelvin. What program will open that file?

I use HEMA app on my android. They also work with Mud-map. 

IT's a common GPS files which should be supported widely. 

The other option is to creat a free account on  http://www.mud-maps.com/. Once you have created an account, you can upload the file uner "Route" 

Jason
Jason (FauxBogan)
19 Jul 2015

Thanks for a great day guys. I've wheeled this area many times but this trip was particularly good. It's good to have a mix of people and varying experience levels. If you just fly around with the same friends it can get boring. I hope you all learned a few new trails so you too can lead trips. And remember to treat the bush with respect.

David (DSPIES)
19 Jul 2015

Thanks kelvin

1 2 3   Next