Bunyip- Saturday 18th April

Forum > Trip Ideas (Expression of Interest)
Gavin
Gavin (wooky)
15 Apr 2015

Thinking about going for an explore at Bunyip state park on Saturday. Anyone keen to head out?

Angelo
Angelo (cokeaddict)
15 Apr 2015

Gavin....
If its a day trip (Saturday) I can let you know by tomorrow midday. Need to change a few things before I confirm.
Is that ok?
Angelo.

Matt (suvd1)
15 Apr 2015

Hey gav,

what tracks were you thinking of doing?

id defiantly be down for coming 

Gavin
Gavin (wooky)
15 Apr 2015

Yep to the day trip, was thinking start at Bunyip at 9am. Not sure on what tracks yet, looking at something medium difficulty, not looking at doing any damage myself. 

Peter
Peter (Wildtrack)
15 Apr 2015

Yes would be interested in a day trip as a new comer to this activity. However dont have CB or winch so need to understand what is minimum requirement? Thanks

Steve
Steve (tasl)
15 Apr 2015

Yes would be interested in a day trip as a new comer to this activity. However dont have CB or winch so need to understand what is minimum requirement? Thanks

You could get away without a Winch, but a CB would be a must.,  Even if it is just a cheapy handhold.  Of course the cheapy handhold isn't wasted when you buy an incar unit as you hand it to the passanger/spotter, to help guide you through tricky spots.

Wayne
Wayne (Vitaraman)
15 Apr 2015

If it's an easy trip, l will be keen as l am still a novice and also the weather report is cold with rain.

Gavin
Gavin (wooky)
16 Apr 2015

I will post something up later this morning, looking at heading off from Gembrook at about 9 for more of the medium trip. As stated, not looking for any panel damage myself.

Peter (Wildtraack), i have a handheld CB you could use if you would like to join in. 

Vitaraman, probably more medium but not looking at panel damage, your call. 

Kelvin
Kelvin (TREXGQ)
16 Apr 2015

Hi Peter,

I would highly recommend you to get your own recover gear (you can even get them from Super Cheap Auto) if you don't have any. 

They are essential for any 4wders, and it's for your own safety. 

• Snatch strap
  • A few D shackles
  • Gloves
  • UHF Radio (even just a handheld)
  • First-aid kit

Additional item I would suggested:

• Compressor (to pump up your tyres)
  • Deflator (to air-down your tyres)

I would not recommend any highway tyres. You really do need A/T tyres as a minimal as the tracks are getting wet and slippery now. 

I am hoping to organise a beginner trip in mid of May. 

Hope this helps. 

Kelvin

Renee (renvin)
16 Apr 2015

Yep we are keen to come along we have all that is needed.

Peter
Peter (Wildtrack)
16 Apr 2015

Hi Kelvin, thanks very much for your post and the tips.

I'm in a bit of a unique situation in that I have my Ford Wildtrack for only 5 months as it is a Ford Company car so I'm unable to do any modifications to it like tyres or fitting up CB radios and the like.

The hand held radio sounds like a good idea. I am fairly hands on and fancy myself as a bushman’s mechanic and have my own tool kit and ropes. Would need to borrow a snatch strap from a friend. So it sounds like I would be better suited to a easy to medium day trip.

None the less thanks for the heads up we keep an eye open for future trips or maybe even the Gembrook trip for this Saturday. Thanks

Kelvin
Kelvin (TREXGQ)
16 Apr 2015

I'm in a bit of a unique situation in that I have my Ford Wildtrack for only 5 months as it is a Ford Company car so I'm unable to do any modifications to it like tyres ......

Sounds like a plan Peter.... 

I will definitely organise an beginner trip in May, just need to sort out the timing as I will be running 2 other trips in the next 2 weeks, and need to spare some time with family too..... 

So you should have a few weeks to get yourself ready and get all the essential gear. With recover gear like snatch strap, shackles, they are good investment as you can take them with you regardless of what vehicle you end up driving, and they last long too. 

Cheers

Kelvin

Gavin
Gavin (wooky)
16 Apr 2015

http://www.4wdtrip.com.au/trip.aspx?tripid=188

Phil
Phil (Lingus)
17 Apr 2015

I'm in a bit of a unique situation in that I have my Ford Wildtrack for only 5 months as it is a Ford Company car so I'm unable to do any modifications to it like tyres ......

Hi Peter, my frend and I do a few one day trips in our Rangers too, his is stock XLT and he did Coopers Creek pitty easy eaven with the factory A/T tyres.I may be doing a one day trip in two weeks time if your up to it( was thinking of 25 April but I'm going to the Shrin at 530 am ). Will know for sure by Wed ,I've added you to my frends list so I can let you know for all future plans .As for my Ranger n CB yet ,but im glad I got the Micky p3 on from day one,

cheers ,Phil