New Member Intro

Forum > General Discussion
1 2   Next

Hi, saw your stand at the Vic 4WD Show today. Me and the missus (Renata) are waiting for our new Ranger to finally arrive. We are new to 4WDing and keen to learn all about it. Looking forward to getting out and exploring. Hoping we can join some (easy) trips to start with to learn the ropes. Cheers

Mark (cruiser105)
15 Feb 2015

Hi guys. sorry you have met someone else today as i wasnt at the show and dont have a stand. My wife and i are also waiting on picking up our next 4wd but unfortunatly not a new one like yourselves. I have just recently joined this forum and looked at some of the trips on offer so when we get the cruiser we will look forward to joining in some trips. We used to 4wd years ago and now want to start again so i will be rusty at it so looking for easier trips to start with as well. I also have a close mate that we will go camping with as well as our daughter and son in law are keen with their 100 series. Im sure you will enjoy your new ranger and 4wdriving. We may meet up on a trip one time. All the best and happy 4wheeling.
Cheers
Mark

Hi guys ah I am new to this site as well I have been 4wding for some time now but I have only just joined this site as it looks like a good thing don't know why everyone is sending me so many emails I am happy to respond to them though if and when you want I would be happy to show you some reasonably easy tracks to tackle just send me an email.
Happy driving

Mark (cruiser105)
15 Feb 2015

Hi guys ah I am new to this site as well I have been 4wding for some time now but I have only just joined this site as it looks like a good thing don't know why everyone is sending me so many emails I am happy to respond to them though if and when yo......
Thanks herb we may take you up on that offer some day
Cheers

I'm happy to organise a night run Friday night, or possibly Sunday lunch onwards if people are keen.

Hi guys.   Good choice with the Ranger.   Like any Veh they are a compromise.   Yes, there are Trucks in the 4WDTRIP  group that have better angle of attack.   Yes there are some with better departure angles, but that's what let's you carry a decent load.  Ramp over, yes a compromise again, but I love mine.   The traction control is great, power  and torque are awesome and if you are getting the auto, they are dead easy to drive in the bush. When the going gets tough flick the diff lock on and if you pick the right lines, not much will stop you. I love mine. If ever you are up in East Gippsland, feel free to drop in and say hi.   Cheers, Boots Ranger.

Peter
Peter (peter01)
15 Feb 2015

Same as others was at the show but went yesterday for a look. Also new to 4WD have a 2014 Triton with limited outings but more the keen to tackle the "easy/moderate  stuff" nothing stupid as i would be in tears if  i damaged it !!!! so mabye radom faith we catch up one day

Antony
Antony (Peloza79)
15 Feb 2015

Keep an eye out on the trips page guys as I will be running a beginners/easy weekend trip from dargo to the Wonnangatta then out via licola in the coming month or so. 

Keep an eye out on the trips page guys as I will be running a beginners/easy weekend trip from dargo to the Wonnangatta then out via licola in the coming month or so. 

That sounds good I will keep an eye on the trips page as I would be interested in tagging along

Gday speaking from experience I would cancell the order for the new ranger and look for something else but best of luck to you.

Crap4wd

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
16 Feb 2015

Be fair Stan, if your going to make comments like that a bit of a explanation would be good 

Angelo
Angelo (cokeaddict)
16 Feb 2015

Mate has  BT50 which is awsome, not a GQ offroad mind you but some serious grunt as a diesel. We did Fraser Island last xmas (2013). from Sydney he towed a dual axle boat loaded to its max and made everything look easy.... until he got on fraser that is  lol. Then the GQ had to come to the rescue many times.

Good luck with the new 4B.

Simon
Simon (1TUFFGU)
17 Feb 2015

Be fair Stan, if your going to make comments like that a bit of a explanation would be good 

I think he is being sarcastic(humourous).

Simon
Simon (1TUFFGU)
17 Feb 2015

Hi guys. sorry you have met someone else today as i wasnt at the show and dont have a stand. My wife and i are also waiting on picking up our next 4wd but unfortunatly not a new one like yourselves. I have just recently joined this forum and looked a......

I don't think it was addressed to you mate. Unfortunately, the the email system sends you updates to threads, and they look like they are addressed personally.

Gday Mathew more than happy to oblige Very slow throttle resposne(not turbo] 3 air con control units, Numerous fault alarms ,No key response on numerous times, Gear shift kicking down too low causing engine to over rev ,Shudder in drive line on take off, dash cluster constantly faulty on fuel and other[been changed] still having problems, Left tail light has been changed 6 times it;s not the only one I have heard of,  EGA valve replaced, EGA valve cooler replaced, Transmission Internal wire harness replaced, Transmission valve modual replaced, Most recent was transmission replaced. Been on tilt tray twice and limp mode 5 times. Still using coolant not apropriate for a new vehicle with 45K . Brake problem you had to hang on tight for first brake aplication for the day. Has finaly been fixed for now. A brand new one in Brisbane has constent overheating problems.

Other varified problems of other owners. Went through a red light no brakes. Ran into the back wall of shed no brakes. I have seen the shelf at Maryborough ford that is about 7mts long a mt deep designated just for ford ranger replacement parts. Thats just what I can remember.

I trust this is fair enough for you Mathew and hpoe to maybe travel with some of use one day I am still trying to convince the missus to have another crack at the Sinpson, We only got to Birdsville and had to turn back Dash cluster and transmission. I keep telling her if we travel in a group one of them maight give us a lift back to civilisation when this peice of crap fails again.

Thanks Stan 

1 2   Next