drone cameras

Forum > General Discussion
Chris
Chris (dekoning54)
26 Jan 2015

Hey does anyone own or have used a syma x5c drone for video recording im looking at buying one for a test coz they are cheap but wanna know if its worth getting one

Angelo
Angelo (cokeaddict)
16 Feb 2015

Mate they have a few issues. Unless your on the ball at all times its very easy to loose.

Check out some youtube vids on it and listen to what users have to say. You may save dollars buying it but its much easier to loose than more expensive units.

Just my shillings worth mate.

I fly a Phantom2 V2 (2nd one) 1st one died a horrific death but thanks to the gopro runing I proved it was a fault and made the seller refund me the dollars.

Anyone any experience with 

Parrot AR.Drone 2.0 Quadcopter Elite Edition? 

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
21 Feb 2015

maybe ask on 4x4earth, I know there are quite a few that use them on there, Kelvin has a drone but not sure what model

I know Kelvin's drone, it's awesome....I was looking at something cheaper!

Gavo
Gavo (Gavo)
04 Mar 2015

Might be bit more than you're willing to spend, but I have a tarot 680pro hexacopter for sale.

Steve
Steve (tasl)
05 Mar 2015

So with drones you do get what you pay for.   The cheaper lighter drones struggle against the wind, and require the operator to have the skill tostabilise the drone so he can take a shot.  More expensive ones have GPS lock, and can use auto pilot to stay in the same position stabilising themselves so ghe operator can concentrate on the filming.

The more expensive ones have an auto return to the last gps position locked into the drone if the drone loses signal with the controller. Danger is if the drone hasn't got a GPS lock at the start of the flight, and it loses signal it might try to return to the last position it had GPS lock,  Like your back yard, even though you are 100's of K's away on a 4wd trip.  

Steve
Steve (tasl)
05 Mar 2015

Message deleted by the author.

Thanks Steve!

Gavo
Gavo (Gavo)
06 Mar 2015

Take into account it's far cheaper, and more satisfying to build one than a rtf of shelf.
Huge advantage of building is parts. Much easier to fix when you do clip a tree etc.

The biggest problem today with multirotors is the dip sticks buying phantoms and other rtf units, having no respect for the rules and regulations and crashing them into the Sydney harbor bridge.

If you are serious about learning and flying my advise is this. Buy some cheap parts and build a basic quad. Learn to fly then go from there. Around $200 - $250 will get you all the the parts required to build and fly a reasonably fun quad. The skills you learn from that will be invaluable.

It's a great hobby but it needs to be respected of we're going to see CASA hounding more people like me, because of the fools with no idea!

Thanks Gavo, and we will take your advise as we like to play accordingly to the rules!

Message deleted by the author.