** WINNER 2020 Top Mobility User Experience Innovation Award by the Mobile Satellite Users Association (MSUA)**
** WINNER 2020 ABA100 Australian Business Awards for New Product Innovation category **
** WINNER 2020 ACOMM Awards for Innovation - SME category **
Meet ZOLEO, the affordable accessory that extends your smartphone messaging coverage to everywhere on Earth and provides a safety system you can count on.
The compact ZOLEO device connects via Bluetooth® with a free app on your Android® or Apple® smartphone/tablet, to provide a uniquely seamless global messaging experience that follows you in and out of mobile coverage.
Personal safety features like check-in, weather forecasts, and 24/7 worldwide SOS alerts offer extra peace-of-mind when venturing off-the-grid. Users also receive a dedicated SMS number and ZOLEO email address.
When users travel beyond mobile coverage, the ZOLEO device connects with the free app on their phone/tablet, allowing the user to send/receive messages anywhere on earth via the Iridium satellite network, which provides complete coverage of the globe through 66 interlinked low-earth orbit (LEO) satellites. Uniquely, when users are within mobile coverage the ZOLEO app seamlessly delivers messages over cellular or Wi-Fi.
ZOLEO gives rise to new two-way messaging capabilities not currently offered by other satellite communicators, which include:
• A dedicated SMS number and email address that makes it easy for contacts to reach you, as opposed to having to wait for a message from you to which they can reply.
• A familiar, easy-to-use messaging experience for smartphone users.
• An app that seamlessly transitions between Wi-Fi, cellular and SBD over the Iridium satellite network (users do not need a ZOLEO device to send and receive messages if they are connected to the Internet).
• Ability to send long messages of up to 950 characters when messaging app-to-app, as opposed the 160-character text/SMS message limit associated with other satellite messaging devices.
SOS alerts and check-in can be sent via the mobile app or directly through built-in buttons on the device. SOS alerts are sent to GEOS, a professional 24/7 emergency monitoring and dispatch service that is included with the monthly ZOLEO subscription.
To learn more about ZOLEO, visit https://www.zoleo.com/en-au/
* ZOLEO was designed and engineered at Beam Communications, Melbourne Victoria, and is the first Australian-developed device to win an MSUA innovation award.