Sunday 2nd July - snow?

Forum > Trip Ideas (Expression of Interest)
1 2   Next
Alex
Alex (AlexRanger)
27 Jun 2017

Hey everyone, 

I see there's a few snow trips going on at the moment. Was a bit slow and didn't jump on one in time. Would anyone be keen for a day trip this coming Sunday July 2nd? I haven't done a lot of trips form Melbourne out to Woods Point, Matlock etc. - I am keen to tag along if someone is prepared to lead. I'm sure there are others in a similar situation. Even if there's not a great deal of snow it would be still good to get out about on Sunday. 
I'd love to lead my own trip but only prepared to do so in area I know well enough - i.e. East Gippsland. 

MK2 Ranger - 32" BFG KO2s, 2" lift, winch, snorkel, full recovery gear, UHF. I'd suggest that as a minimum for anyone interested - the more prepared you are for the Vic HC, the better. 

Cheers, 

Alex

Brad Jones
Brad Jones (BradZook)
27 Jun 2017

I have new suspension and other goodies hopfully arriving this week. If all goes well I'll probably head out for a pretty cruisy shake down trip. More than happy if you wanted to tag along.

Also I have family that lives in Orbost, down that way fairly regularly. Maybe you could show us some of the tracks in your area one day.

Tim
Tim (Timmz)
27 Jun 2017

I'd be keen for a day trip. 

Rod
Rod (Rod4wd)
27 Jun 2017

Hi Alex.  We would be interested in joining. Cheers

Alex
Alex (AlexRanger)
27 Jun 2017

I'd be keen for a day trip. 

Hey Tim, 

Thanks for your interest. Do you have any experience in the Woods Point area?

Alex
Alex (AlexRanger)
27 Jun 2017

Hi Alex.  We would be interested in joining. Cheers

Hi Rod,  

Great that you're interested. Do you have much experience in the Wood's Point area? Still looking for someone to put their hand up to lead!

Alex
Alex (AlexRanger)
27 Jun 2017

I have new suspension and other goodies hopfully arriving this week. If all goes well I'll probably head out for a pretty cruisy shake down trip. More than happy if you wanted to tag along.

Also I have family that lives in Orbost......

Hey Brad, 

Have you spent much time up that way?

Brad Jones
Brad Jones (BradZook)
27 Jun 2017

Hey Brad, 

Have you spent much time up that way?

Not heaps of time but I know the area well enough to be more the comfortable leading a trip to WoodsPoint / Mt Matlock / Mt Selma, etc.

Tim
Tim (Timmz)
27 Jun 2017

Hey Tim, 

Thanks for your interest. Do you have any experience in the Woods Point area?

Unfortunately I don't. I have maps etc of the area but don't get to venture out often so not sure what's around. 

Rod
Rod (Rod4wd)
28 Jun 2017

Hi Rod,  

Great that you're interested. Do you have much experience in the Wood's Point area? Still looking for someone to put their hand up to lead!

Visited Woods Point but never did any tracks, sorry.

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
28 Jun 2017

Alex, is short notice but consider posting a trip and you may get some who are keen to go. Am sure there are many here, (such as Alex TEQ80), who would only be too willing to give you some advice on what tracks to drive, and those not to.

Unfortunately, snow forecast is not great for this weekend....sad

I will keen to tag along 

never been to the snow 

Alex
Alex (AlexRanger)
29 Jun 2017

Alex, is short notice but consider posting a trip and you may get some who are keen to go. Am sure there are many here, (such as Alex TEQ80), who would only be too willing to give you some advice on what tracks to drive, and those not to.

Thanks Allan,

Yes it looks like the cold front is going to hit us further south with Tasmania set to cop it. Apparently we will get clear nights (frost) dropping well below zero but no precipitation. Bummer. I think this weekend's been shelved - fingers crossed we get some snowfall soon. 

Mick
Mick (Grey Ranger)
30 Jun 2017

Hi Alex

I'v been itching to head out that way myself to see some white stuff for the first time.

Iv got a Mk2 ranger also with all the goodies except a snorkel so if it's back on I may want to jump on board.

Mick

There is a trip on this Saturday 

big river to mt metlock

1 2   Next