D-Max Diffs

Forum > Tech talk, questions

Dave (Little-Foot)
26 Jun 2017

Hi Guys;

I have E-Harrop F/R just need to chase down 4:10 Crown Wheel'n Pinions. I'm thinking of getting second hand diffs from a 2011-2012 auto which are 4:10 diff, aparently they will fit my D-Max housing.  Any suggestions on the S/H diffs should or shouldn't I fit S/H. Do any of you know were I can get new 4:10 ratio C/Wheel'n pinions for my 2015 D-Max Auto. The reason I'm looking at replacing the Diff ration is, that Little Foot is getting heavy and when I'm towing the camper the GCVM is 4930Kg, that's with NO water in the 150 Lt tank. The Max GVM for the DMax is 5950Kg. Do you think replacing the diff from 3:72 too 4:10 would be of any benefit when I use 33" tyres. Yes the 33" fit with some extra modifications.

Little-Foot

Alex
Alex (AlexPatrol)
27 Jun 2017

I cant answer about the housings, however if you are going to run larger tyres it can only benefit your engine. You will get more torque and less load strain on the driveline. Load =heat and more fuel. Your engine will rev freely with the ratio change. Many people just put larger tyres on their vehicles and dont take into account the onflow effect. There's good ratio calculators on 4lo.com . Cheers.

Dave (Little-Foot)
27 Jun 2017

I cant answer about the housings, however if you are going to run larger tyres it can only benefit your engine. You will get more torque and less load strain on the driveline. Load =heat and more fuel. Your engine will rev freely with the ratio......

Hi Alex thanks heap. You conferemed my thoughts.

I have been looking real close at the diff ratio for a while now and the calculator I used did sugest the 4:10 that will bring it back close to stock. There is a few more things i will be doing like HPD Catch can,trans cooler, and upgraid the turbo intercooler at the end of the year. The E-Harrops cost me $1620 each plus fitting of about $1000 labour and oil..I think I will get the S/Hand diffs and get the lockers set up, at least then I can fit them and keep the OE Diffs. Money is getting tight but I need to get this project compleated. Been a huge money pit setting this up.

Thanks again 

Dave

See ya on the track some time

Dave (Little-Foot)
27 Jun 2017

I cant answer about the housings, however if you are going to run larger tyres it can only benefit your engine. You will get more torque and less load strain on the driveline. Load =heat and more fuel. Your engine will rev freely with the ratio......

Hi Alex thanks heap. You conferemed my thoughts.

I have been looking real close at the diff ratio for a while now and the calculator I used did sugest the 4:10 that will bring it back close to stock. There is a few more things i will be doing like HPD Catch can,trans cooler, and upgraid the turbo intercooler at the end of the year. The E-Harrops cost me $1620 each plus fitting of about $1000 labour and oil..I think I will get the S/Hand diffs and get the lockers set up, at least then I can fit them and keep the OE Diffs. Money is getting tight but I need to get this project compleated. Been a huge money pit setting this up.

Thanks again 

Dave

See ya on the track some time