Paul Raike (Block)
15 Jun 2017

How's Thurstain,

id be keen, depending on dates.

cheers

Paul Raike
Paul Raike (Block)
15 Jun 2017

Excellent to see so much interest! Camping will be basic camping with toilets.. Definitely need good waterproof camping gear if you want to be comfortable, no winch should be needed but recovery points and recovery kit is definitely a must.
<......

Sounds good, keen to go. thanks for leading the trip 

Sean
Sean (Sean32)
15 Jun 2017

Excellent to see so much interest! Camping will be basic camping with toilets.. Definitely need good waterproof camping gear if you want to be comfortable, no winch should be needed but recovery points and recovery kit is definitely a must.
<......
Mt Stapylton if we're near the centre of the NP, or Hollow Mountain/Mt Zero if we're at the northern end. You can't really be disappointed with any view of/from any range in this area regardless! Will click Attending as soon as it's offered.

Thurstain
Thurstain (Tcm9669)
16 Jun 2017

Mt Stapylton if we're near the centre of the NP, or Hollow Mountain/Mt Zero if we're at the northern end. You can't really be disappointed with any view of/from any range in this area regardless! Will click Attending as soon as it's offered.
Thanks Sean, will look into locations. Probably camp close to halls gap but Grampians is small enough to go north to south and all over within same day.. I just need to check track closure to see how far we can go.

Mark (Mark66)
16 Jun 2017

I'm interested in the idea

Christine
Christine (gone bush)
16 Jun 2017

Hi,

This looks great!

I will need to check the dates, and I'm there.

Cheers

Christine

Sean
Sean (Sean32)
23 Jun 2017

Any news on dates? Looking at running a Ngarkat/Border Tk trip late July or early August so I'll work around this trip. Looking forward to it!

Thurstain
Thurstain (Tcm9669)
23 Jun 2017

Hey Sean / everyone,

No planned dates yet. So far I have lots of places to explore on the list, it's looking as a Saturday, Sunday and Leave Monday trip (monday might be optional to whoever can take the day off). By the looks of things, other trips planned etc, it's looking like it will be mid Aug (weekend of 12 or 19most likely). So if you want to run a Border track trip late July, you should not miss this trip.

When I have the dates locked in, I'll post the trip up even if iltinerary is not finalised. This will give people enough time to take the Monday off if they wish.

And also I want to make it clear again, driving will be mostly dirt roads and even some bitumen.. walking to attractions will be inevitable. I have a few tracks in mind etc but a lot of tracks are MVO or closed. This is more of a Tour / Explore rather than actual off-roading. Most tracks are dirt / sand and only a few tracks will be hopefully challenging.

Isaac (BT50)
28 Jul 2017

This sounds great. Some pretty easy walks for great views. There's a couple pretty tidy bush camps with non-flush toilets / basic showers within 20 minutes of halls gap. Otherwise the lake bellfield caravan park allows fires and has great shower / camp kitchen facilities if you were thinking 'upmarket'. I'd be real keen for this trip and reckon it'd be great for kids if that suits the rest of the participants.

Cheers

Thurstain
Thurstain (Tcm9669)
15 May 2018

Hi everyone, sorry for the massive delay (1 year late haha) but finally found the time! It will be Saturday Sunday and Monday.. Depending I might get there Friday night, but otherwise we'll meet somewhere in the morning. Yet to finalise details. Will update details later.

If anyone is still keen please click here and join the trip! Hope to see some of you on there. I will open trip to public.

https://www.4wdtrip.com.au/trip.aspx?tripid=813

Greg
Greg (94_200TDi)
16 May 2018

Depending  on dates I would be keen

Thurstain
Thurstain (Tcm9669)
16 May 2018

I attached trip link to my last post. It's 2nd to 4th June.

Previous   1 2 3