1 2 3   Next
Thurstain
Thurstain (Tcm9669)
15 Jun 2017

Anyone interested in an easy / medium 4wd tour around Grampians? Thinking sometime in Late July to August, not sure on dates yet.

Planning on touring some tracks, walk to waterfalls and Aboriginal art sites etc. Will be an easy to medium trip and will be a weekender (probably I will camp Friday and Saturday nights). tracks will be slippery and wet for sure (wet season).. I was there last year after it rained for weeks constantly and it was great fun.

Also hoping to re-visit a very fun track in Black Range State Park (right next to Grampians) where I went last year and had to turn back 3/4 of the way as I was solo.. would like to go again and complete it this time. It was flooded with water and had a few holes (not sludge but decent depth holes with water). Was great fun. Snorkel would probably be reccommended for that if it's as flooded as last year and also good clearance (at least 2 inch lift)

Some tracks will be closed at that time but should still be a fun trip if anyone is interested. Walking to attractions will be involved for sure

Mick
Mick (Gosling1)
15 Jun 2017

Yep we'd be keen date dependent!

()
15 Jun 2017

Yes I'm keen, although mid to early august would suit me better

Alex
Alex (TEQ-80)
15 Jun 2017

Walk ???   I'm out :-)

Jon
Jon (thylaxene)
15 Jun 2017

This might as well be my first post! Yes I'm interested. Normally I'm at the Gramps to rock climb. So wheeling around the area will be different. Mind seeing all the cliffs around will make me pine! ;)  After Vic school holidays would suit me best.

Cheers.

Thurstain
Thurstain (Tcm9669)
15 Jun 2017

Walk ???   I'm out :-)

Lol if you don't walk to the aboriginal art sites and waterfalls... you won't see much attractions at the Grampians.

Alex
Alex (TEQ-80)
15 Jun 2017

Lol if you don't walk to the aboriginal art sites and waterfalls... you won't see much attractions at the Grampians.

I need the 4wd track to take me all the way !!!

Thurstain
Thurstain (Tcm9669)
15 Jun 2017

I need the 4wd track to take me all the way !!!

I agree, I'd rather drive than walk.. but unfortunately Grampians does not really allow for that.

Thurstain
Thurstain (Tcm9669)
15 Jun 2017

Not sure on dates as of now, will know later in July.. and will post the trip up when I know dates.

Greg
Greg (94_200TDi)
15 Jun 2017

Would also be keen date dependant

Thurstain
Thurstain (Tcm9669)
15 Jun 2017

() wrote:

Yes I'm keen, although mid to early august would suit me better

Probably will be around those dates. I was there last year first week of September and it was awesome in the rain as waterfalls etc were flowing hard, so this year I'm thinking mid Aug.

Thurstain
Thurstain (Tcm9669)
15 Jun 2017

This might as well be my first post! Yes I'm interested. Normally I'm at the Gramps to rock climb. So wheeling around the area will be different. Mind seeing all the cliffs around will make me pine! ;)  After Vic school holidays would suit me best.

Cheers.

After school holidays would be late September? That might be a bit too late as I want to go in wet season.

Thurstain
Thurstain (Tcm9669)
15 Jun 2017

Would also be keen date dependant

No worries.. will post trip up when I get the dates locked in.

Jon
Jon (thylaxene)
15 Jun 2017

After school holidays would be late September? That might be a bit too late as I want to go in wet season.

No Vic school holidays are early July. Start on the 1st to be exact.

Cheers.

Stephen
Stephen (Maso)
15 Jun 2017

Yes interested

1 2 3   Next