Is it time to revisit 'trip rating' here?

Forum > General Discussion
Previous   1 2

()
26 Jun 2017

What ever the trip rating becomes, keep it simple as complicating it, will probably turn members who list a trip off.  Ps what about adding a warning in the beginners to med that track conditions can become dangerous with unforeseen weather, be aware of this before committing to trip. Or in those lines.

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
26 Jun 2017

Hi all, I'd like to provide a perspective from a newbie to 4wding. I've been on a few trips since joining and have not been disappointed at all. I was looking for a club to join when I came across this site and knew that it was the one ......

Rick ,great to hear the thoughts of a newbie to both 4wding and this site.  As Gazza said, no one wants a complicated system and Andrew's (Whipit) comments were constructive. Alex, I tend to agee with Winston's thoughts re; 'extreme' rating but totally understand where you are coming from. Maybe just have an extreme rating for private trips to the likes of Ellis Tk, Cobaw & Mt Cole etc.

Maybe I am wrong...again...blush, but judging from some of the comments posted that seem to agree with me, it is the 'easy or easy/medium' ratings that is the issue, or more importantly how they are interperated. Whilst the 4wdVic rating system does have flaws, at least the 'easy' & 'medium' ratings are easy to understand and generally do not cause confusion.

Again as others have said, maybe everyone who leads a trip should really look at all the potential issues that could come into play before they rate a trip 'easy'.

Previous   1 2