Overnight snow and swag trip

Forum > Trip Ideas (Expression of Interest)
Previous   1 2 3 4   Next

Hi Bloke,

Thanks for putting up the trip, this type of camping is on my bucket list also I would very much like to attend if there is room keep us posted. 

cheers

Alex. I

Gday alex im in mate!!!

Gday alex im in mate!!!

Christine
Christine (gone bush)
30 May 2017

HI,  it sounds amazing but my car is not set up yet. I will look forward to the photos.

enjoy

Christine

Tim
Tim (Timmz)
30 May 2017

I'd be keen just depending on the weekend it falls. Sounds like a bit of fun👍🏽😁

Gary Mudgway
Gary Mudgway (Mudge1)
30 May 2017

I'd be a starter, is on my bucket list.
All about timing as I am doing a grip to Darwin in July.
Mid August & I'm in.

Tim
Tim (Timmz)
30 May 2017

Message deleted by the author.

Alex
Alex (TEQ-80)
30 May 2017

Sounds like we could work up a crew easy thanks for the support guys. I'll get myself organised so I'm ready at the drop of a hat as soon as the forecast looks like snow on a weekend I'll post it up.  Cheers!

4x4mate
4x4mate (maltalian0)
31 May 2017

May be a goer. But I don't have a swag. I have a 30 second pop up rv4. Will that be an issue for size wise?

Alex
Alex (TEQ-80)
31 May 2017

May be a goer. But I don't have a swag. I have a 30 second pop up rv4. Will that be an issue for size wise?

That'll be fine bud.  As long as you have shelter and warmth !

Matt
Matt (zyttam)
31 May 2017

I will throw in my opinion, staying in tents is a bad idea, just for the weight of the snow.  The best outcome for us so far is a tarp slung over a thick rope and spread out down the bottom like a teepee. Sleeping on stretchers and swag on top. When snow builds up give the tarp a whack and snow slides off.

tarps will be up for shelter anyway

Matt
Matt (zyttam)
31 May 2017

I will throw in my opinion, staying in tents is a bad idea, just for the weight of the snow.  The best outcome for us so far is a tarp slung over a thick rope and spread out down the bottom like a teepee. Sleeping on stretchers and swag on top. When snow builds up give the tarp a whack and snow slides off.

tarps will be up for shelter anyway

Steve
Steve (80_Steve)
31 May 2017

Would a 4wd awning on a 45 degree angle down to the ground work?

Morning Guys,

Just a quick note if anyone is chasing a quality single swag manufactured buy Black Widow let us know. This item is surplus gear and has not been used. It has a quality black viynl base with heavy grey and dark grey canvas. It's design is a dome setup with top mounted spreader bar. Internally the storage pockets are well set out and also comes with a high density protective covered bedding. Price, dimension and pictures of setup can be previded upon request. 

If anyone is interested please give me a call on 0408651969 or email me on   alex@trade-edge.co.au 

cheers 

Alex. I

Matt
Matt (zyttam)
31 May 2017

Message deleted by the author.

Previous   1 2 3 4   Next