Overnight snow and swag trip

Forum > Trip Ideas (Expression of Interest)
Previous   1 2 3 4   Next
Maarten
Maarten (DUTCHD)
30 May 2017

You get the cold tent and they get the warm car... hmmmm. 

Anyway, looks like there's enough bods willing if the time and weather line up, so I'll keep an eye on the forecasts. Eli said it was snowing in that area last w......

Warm car? Not early in the morning! If my new tent gets here soon, we'll be toasty! And I get to use my new - 17 degree C sleeping bag

Ross
Ross (Rosco_4x4)
30 May 2017

Hey....

I'd be game also depending on the timing as in the process of working on the disco!!!....Should be good to go in 2 weeks.....I'm only running 245/70/16 A/T (around 30") but has been all good in the snow/mud before and the difflock / traction control works wonders!!!!....Also running winch etc..so she'll keep up!!!!.......I'll keep an eye when you guys are going and hopefully be tagging along in the recently tour equipped disco complete with roof top tent and foxwing....

Rosco

()
30 May 2017

Definitely be interested in that one, got the hot water bottles ready. Lol

Sammy
Sammy (SammyK)
30 May 2017

Definitely interested

Would bring a different vehicle and a friend.

Steve
Steve (80_Steve)
30 May 2017

Yeah defs keen but depends on when.

Steve

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
30 May 2017

Yep I would be interested, Liza would not tent in the snow so a solo trip, depends when and if I have got off my ass and sorted out a new winch

Maarten
Maarten (DUTCHD)
30 May 2017

Yep I would be interested, Liza would not tent in the snow so a solo trip, depends when and if I have got off my ass and sorted out a new winch

You don't need a winch Matt, you have a v8!

Luke
Luke (Hiluxlou)
30 May 2017

yeah im keen , your right Gazza hot water bottle is the go , used it last week up in the snowys ...its like a heater in the swag.

()
30 May 2017

yeah im keen , your right Gazza hot water bottle is the go , used it last week up in the snowys ...its like a heater in the swag.

Yep hot water bottle and flannelette sheet. Lol

Luke
Luke (Hiluxlou)
30 May 2017

Flanny sheets ...........must duck into K mart and get some lol

Luke
Luke (Hiluxlou)
30 May 2017

Flanny sheets ...........must duck into K mart and get some lol

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
30 May 2017

You don't need a winch Matt, you have a v8!

Haha, even if I got lockers and decent size tyres I aint that good a driver...

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
30 May 2017

Seems like you have quite a few interested in the trip Alex.....yes.  Being an 'old tosser', camping in the snow is not 'my cup of tea', so unfortunately I will miss what I am sure will be a great trip.

I am planning to run a weekend trip to Mt Selma hopefully staying at the Mountain Rivers Lodge in Rawson and like your trip, will be a late notice one as we both want to gaurantee there is 'white stuff' around.

i would be intrestead  depending if iam working or not  and when the snow hits

Sounds good to me guys, we did similar last season but camped at horseyard just below the snow line. 

Previous   1 2 3 4   Next