Your Favorite Snow Trip Destinations

Forum > 4WD Tracks & Destinations
Mark
Mark (Mfb11)
30 May 2017

What are your favorite snow trip destinations,  are there any notable tracks that you like there, and if so why?

I've only ever done Matlock

Jason
Jason (Deimos)
30 May 2017

Loooking forward for a snow trip

Clive
Clive (clive22)
30 May 2017

I like to go up to Matlock along the wood point road run up the short distance to Mt Matlock then along the ridge line to Mt Terrible, track changes name Corn Hill then Terrible track I think, but stays on the ridge the whole way.

With a decent snowfall snow be present along most of the way. Views are good if clear.

There a few knolls you can go over that will test your rig or less capable trucks can divert around that's easy for anyone really- so great for mixed groups.

Then runback along the valley via Big River road or easier still back through Eildon.

Clive

()
30 May 2017

Cape york - as far away from snow as possible 

Doug
Doug (kuuee)
30 May 2017

Mt Selma, the hard way.

Mark
Mark (Mfb11)
30 May 2017

Thanks for the responses so far, Matlock seems to be a popular choice. 

Mark
Mark (Mfb11)
30 May 2017

Mt Selma, the hard way.

Whats the hard way - keen to find out more? :)

Doug
Doug (kuuee)
30 May 2017

Whats the hard way - keen to find out more? :)

Needs a good dump of snow, but have done this a couple of times with over 300mm of fresh snow.

Pluto Track,

Pluto Link,

McGuire Track

Mt Selma Track - now this is where the fun can begin if its been a decent fresh dump.  On a good day, not long after crossing the Aberfeldy river, the snow starts.  It gets deeper and deeper as you climb.  Leave Melbourne early and you will probably be the first vehicles up there pushing your way through the fresh stuff.

Kane Harnden (Sheol)
01 Jun 2017

I like to go up to Matlock along the wood point road run up the short distance to Mt Matlock then along the ridge line to Mt Terrible, track changes name Corn Hill then Terrible track I think, but stays on the ridge the whole way.

Wi......

Agree with Mt Terrible, a good run after the top if you're coming from Jamieson is to continue on Mt Terrible track then come down Moonlight Spur track and pop out at knockwood.

Mt Skene is a good one but the fun police have made that difficult if you're not with a club.