4X4 Clubs Eastern Suburbs Melbourne

Forum > General Discussion

Tony (Galty)
03 May 2017

Hi all

I'm currently living in Lilydale and am looking at joining a 4X4 Club in the Eastern Suburbs of Melbourne.

Can anyone suggest a good friendly club around my area? I have some experience but limited and keen to learn as much as possible and do trips away with others.

Regards

Galty

Alex
Alex (TEQ-80)
05 May 2017

Hey Galty, I'm just up the road in Silvan and have been on, I dunno, 20 or 30 trips in 2 years on this site.  Much better than mucking around with 'clubs', just keep a lookout and join up for a trip.

Ray
Ray (Ray)
05 May 2017

I've been in many clubs over the years and, to be honest, I wouldn't recommend any of them nowadays. If they are part of the 4WD Association, they are so regulated that hardly anyone wants to run a trip because of the paperwork. And most clubs get lost in issues that have nothing to do with 4WDriving.

After more than 25 years with clubs, I gave up and, in the last 13 or so years, have been running independent trips without any of the hassles, with like-minded people. 4WD Trip is possibly the best idea ever for those who want to go bush and avoid the crap that has become the mainstay of just about any club in Victoria.

I joined 4WD Trip to get more participants on my Cruises, as old hands drifted into caravanning, but so far I've only run one trip with a member from 4WD Trip. I think they enjoyed it and he was most certainly a top participant. He would have been on our last Cruise run a week ago, but had a big birthday to enjoy. 

You're here, keep an eye out for trips and put your hand up for ones that interest you. 

Tony (Galty)
05 May 2017

Hey Galty, I'm just up the road in Silvan and have been on, I dunno, 20 or 30 trips in 2 years on this site.  Much better than mucking around with 'clubs', just keep a lookout and join up for a trip.

G'day Alex

I've looked at some previous trips and they look good. Is there much instructional tuition on driving and winching in various conditions while on the trips?

Cheers

Galty

Tony (Galty)
05 May 2017

Ray (Ray) wrote:

I've been in many clubs over the years and, to be honest, I wouldn't recommend any of them nowadays. If they are part of the 4WD Association, they are so regulated that hardly anyone wants to run a trip because of the paperwork. And mos......

G'day Ray

Thanks for the reply mate it's greatly appreciated. I'll be keepind a close eye out for some upcoming trips and hopefully gain more driving knowledge on them.

Cheers

Galty