Walhalla Weekender.

Forum > Your Trip Report & Experience
Previous   1 2 3   Next
Allan
Allan (allanmac)
01 May 2017

I must be thinking of a different part because have definitely driven it (what shows on my map as low saddle) in the last 12 months. 

It runs off Beadmores, just before you get to Walhalla Rd if coming from Dam. It was gated but I have never branched off Beadsmore to check.

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
01 May 2017

() wrote:

Thanks for the trip report Allan, once again put together brilliantly.đź‘Ť

No worries Gazza; still more to come. It was a super weekend.

Alex
Alex (TEQ-80)
02 May 2017

Great summary of the trip so far I'd like to say thanks for your great spirit of adventure and leading us for the weekend.  I hadn't done Deep Ck no. 4 so good to cross that one off the list many thanks Allan.

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
02 May 2017

Thanks for the comments Alex. Hope that Tina and the boys enjoyed the weekend as much as you did.

Just a short video of the river crossings at Coopers Creek and Bruntons Bridge. Decided to give the gopro another try, (overpriced and not overly user friendly imo), and will check other footage in the next day or so. If all ok, will put up more video of Deep Creek and a couple of other tracks as well as finish the report with a few more pics.

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
02 May 2017

I must be thinking of a different part because have definitely driven it (what shows on my map as low saddle) in the last 12 months. 

Antony & Kelvin, I might have given you a 'bum steer'....blush.  I have been told that the bottom section of Low Saddle, (runs from Narrows Rd to Walhalla Rd) is open, but the section up to Beadsmore is still closed. I will confirm 100% when I call the office at Rawson/Parkers Corner tomorrow, (tried today but office closes at 2pm).

Neil
Neil (love24wd)
02 May 2017

Antony & Kelvin, I might have given you a 'bum steer'....blush.  I have b......

Brillant trip report put togeather Allan

It was a great weekend & again thank you for the invite

Hope you got the photos leesa posted

Cheers

Neil

Andrew
Andrew (whipit)
02 May 2017

Great report Allan, We done Bunton's and Coopers creek on Easter Saturday there wasn't much water the However some dill tried to drive a lexus across through the Coopers crossing and was stuck in the middle. 

Matt
Matt (Outrage)
02 May 2017

Another great trip Al, always good to catch up with you/Cheryl, Matt/Liza and to meet some new people too, a great group. I broke a number plate through Coopers Ck and had to retighten a sway bar link Sunday morning, pretty minor problems smiley. Kirsty had a very good weekend too (thank Cheryl for making the coffee's for her Al), she drove most of Mormon Town after the steep climb,  Fulton's Ck once down at the crossings and up to the Dry Gully south junction, down the west side of Trig, up the west side of Dream Creek after the crossing and down Pheasant's, done very well, not having a clutch was her biggest problem hehe.

Some photos from me.

Brunton's Bridge

Deep Creek 1

Fulton's Creek (love how these photos came out)

Dream Creek

Beardmore's Tk Thompson River crossing

Alex

Neil

Matt

Garry

And Allan with his usual submarine approach cheeky. Must be the shape of the bonnet.

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
03 May 2017

Some great pics there Matt and glad you and Kirsty enjoyed the weekend. As I said, it was great to catch up with you again....yes

Neil, thanks for the pics & I will use some when I finish the report,(hopefully tonight). Am sure Walhalla will be a place you will want to go back to again.

Bloody great report Al as usual' looks like you all had a ton of fun. Bugger, bugger bloody bugger!!! By the way Al, I was watching the news here and heard of a toxic smoke cloud covering the township of Erica. Did any of you guys come across it? Seriously Al great report mate sorry I missed it, I spent the weekend watching all the YouTube videos of previous trips. Ankle is still sore, should be ok.

One photo I liked is the one of you guys on the bridge, I was looking at Matt looking out over the river, I know exactly what he was thinking. We really are living in a beautiful country. ( or he could be looking for the source of that toxic cloud) lol
see you on the tracks gang
Big Kev

()
04 May 2017

Bloody great report Al as usual' looks like you all had a ton of fun. Bugger, bugger bloody bugger!!! By the way Al, I was watching the news here and heard of a toxic smoke cloud covering the township of Erica. Did any of you guys come across it? Ser......

Shame you couldn't make it Kev, it was a great trip and tracks you would've loved.  Oh and those evil 3 letters where never mentioned on the trip. Lol

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
04 May 2017

() wrote:

Shame you couldn't make it Kev, it was a great trip and tracks you would've loved.  Oh and those evil 3 letters where never mentioned on the trip. Lol

As Gazza said, you would have loved the tracks and the toxic fumes at Friday nights fire plus we did miss (only a little bit), talk involving those 3 letters...wink.

Anyway, after Pheasant Tk, we made our back to the last track of the day; Beadsmore. It is usually the 1st track we do on my trips, but it was great doing it in the other direction. Added bonus was the river crossing at the bottom to give the cars a bit of a wash as Beadsmore was probably the muddiest track for the whole day. Neil decided to have a number of 'back & forwards' in the shallow part to remove as much mud as possible. Actually the river was a lot higher than we expected, especially the entry point with the water up to the bonnet on some vehicles, and over on others...blush.

A  pic of the Thomson Dam on the way down Beadsmore.

Again, was a fantastic weekend with great company and great tracks....smiley.

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
04 May 2017

Will add a few more random pics tonight but below is some video footage of a couple of the tracks.

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
04 May 2017

A few pics from the trip.

The Alexanders.

The Macalisters.

Allan, Neil, Matt & Alex.  Matt , Kirsty & Neil.

Gazza & the crew.

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
05 May 2017

Great report and photosyes

I have had a flat out week and the car still has the muddies on and still not washedcrying

Fantastic weekend !!!

Previous   1 2 3   Next