Bog Out Vehicle Recovery System

Forum > General Discussion
1 2   Next
Kelvin
Kelvin (TREXGQ)
24 Apr 2017

If you have never heard of Bog Out Vehicle Recovery System, check it out. 

It's a simple design but effective in some tricky situations. 

bogout.com

If you are interested, please reply here so we may be able to get some bulk discount by combining our members. 

Duane
Duane (narkedshark)
24 Apr 2017

Hey there. These tracks look interesting. I'd be interested in a set depending on the price.
Cheers.

Jacque (Jets99)
24 Apr 2017

Hey there. These tracks look interesting. I'd be interested in a set depending on the price.
Cheers.
We have seen them at various shows
Simple effective and easier to throw in the back of the truck compared to maxtracks
We would put our hands up for a set

Message deleted by the author.

()
24 Apr 2017

Nothing new, pretty useless...

better of to get s set of chains - cheaper, perform better and when you go to the snow you already got them. wouldn't touch them until I've seen them be helpful. In theory they are good and wherever you look you see them in staged "recoveries". All independent real life reports just say "rubbish"

Same as strapping some rope around your tyre....

a cut up milk crate joint with cable ties works better.

I haven't used them but from what i have heard they are good IF you have something directly in front or behind to tie them to. If you have to tie them to a tree off to the side they don't wrap around the wheels properly. I looking at them last year until i found that out.

I would like to see a video of them being used in real life where a 4x4 gets stuck and the have to tie them to a tree off the side of a bog hole or on the sand where they can't find an anchor point within 10-15m on car. i.e. beach.

be ok if you are tieing to to another vehicle but then just use a snach strap.

()
24 Apr 2017

I haven't used them but from what i have heard they are good IF you have something directly in front or behind to tie them to. If you have to tie them to a tree off to the side they don't wrap around the wheels properly. I looking at them last year u......

There are a few videos on YouTube. Pretty hard to find because everyone seems to give them a different name.

bottom line is - it's an expensive bit of rope.

Same as taking some old winch rope and wrap around the wheel

in regards to recovery gear I always make sure it ticks 2 boxes

a) safe to operate

b) has more than 1 use

@Kelvin - if that was a promo post and they gave you a set, I'll see if we can organise a real test in a controlled and safe environment.

Hello ive seen these at shows so id be interested definitely
Cheers

()
25 Apr 2017

Message deleted by the author.

Ray
Ray (Ray)
25 Apr 2017

That's pretty ordinary in the fact that it's very limited in use. A much better option is something like this: http://www.bushwinch.com.au, although it's very cumbersome. 

The concept of the bush winch comes from the old Army Landrover days that had windlass attachments on the wheel hubs, which were supposedly designed for bridging chasms on wire bridges, but worked effectively as a windlass on the wheels. 

They looked somewhat like this (without the winch strap): http://cs9.pikabu.ru/images/big_size_comm/2017-01_5/1485015488140296493.jpg.

Shane
Shane (Angry)
25 Apr 2017

Am interested depending on price...

Cheers.

I'm keen to know, how do you remove them once the recovery is done? These would be really good for getting a car out of deep snow.... not sure if I'd bother with them out 4wding though.

() wrote:

There are a few videos on YouTube. Pretty hard to find because everyone seems to give them a different name.

bottom line is - it's an expensive bit of rope.

Same as taking some old winch rope and wrap around the wheel<......

Hi Andre, we met them at the Brisbane 4x4 Show. They are interested in getting us to become their resellers. I think the idea is good too, just another things in your never ending recovery items list :) 

()
29 Apr 2017

Hi Andre, we met them at the Brisbane 4x4 Show. They are interested in getting us to become their resellers. I think the idea is good too, just another things in your never ending recovery items list :) 

So, do you have a set? Any real life experience yet? Anything a bit of rope can't do?

My biggest task over the last year - consolidate, consolidate, consolidate....

I saw these at the recent 4wd expo in Brisbane and came to the conclusion that they are not worthwhile. They can only be used in a straight ahead or behind situation. If bogged to the hubs, it would be difficult getting the gear around the wheel. If using split rims, as I do, they would be impossible to attach.

I feel that the old fashioned methods of  tree branches etc to self rescue is the cheaper way. But if 4wd driving in that type of terrain alone is foolhardy anyway. There should always be at least two vehicles just in case.

1 2   Next