Pyrenees for beginners

Forum > Trip Ideas (Expression of Interest)
1 2   Next

Chris (cap8959)
07 Apr 2017

So after talking to the guys at the Brisbane 4wd and boating show I am interested in a beginners trip to the Pyrenees area near Avoca. This would be a beginner or easy trip. Beginner for me as a leader and easy for anyone else. I have mostly run solo or with friends on our travels so don't expect a highly organised event. I am about the enjoyment and if the planned route does not work out then look for some thing else.

So who would be interested and what level of easy would you prefer. There are crazy tracks and very easy in the Pyrenees area.

Just looking for interest at this stage then I will do a reccy so we don't scare anyone, at least till we get the camera rolling. 

When were you thinking of going mate?

Mark
Mark (Edge31)
08 Apr 2017

In interested depending on dates.

Chris (cap8959)
08 Apr 2017

When were you thinking of going mate?

I was thinking a few weeks away yet. Once I get an idea of the interest, then I will sort out a route and go from there.

Chris (cap8959)
08 Apr 2017

In interested depending on dates.

See you have a Wlidtrak. Would be good to see this in action. One of those is on my must buy list later in the year

Nick
Nick (offrdn60)
08 Apr 2017

Hi I'm keen depending on dates.

yes interested Chris. Easy/Medium is within vehicle and driver limits for me (I don't have and can't fit a front recovery point so must be selective). I just enjoy being on the dirt amongst the bush and away from  city life. Hitting the Grampians next week

Tony

Trevor
Trevor (ranger1)
08 Apr 2017

Interested depending on dates

Mark
Mark (Edge31)
08 Apr 2017

yes interested Chris. Easy/Medium is within vehicle and driver limits for me (I don't have and can't fit a front recovery point so must be selective). I just enjoy being on the dirt amongst the bush and away from  city life. Hitting the Grampians next week

Tony

Hi Tony.
I was in the Grampians a couple of weeks ago and a good majority of the good tracks are still closed due to washouts and erosion. Victoria Range Road is good and was open.
Grampians national park road report is a good website/download that lists all tracks in the Grampians.

Yes, interested,  depending on dates

Hi Tony.
I was in the Grampians a couple of weeks ago and a good majority of the good tracks are still closed due to washouts and erosion. Victoria Range Road is good and was open.
Grampians national park road report is a good website/download that lists all tracks in the Grampians.

Thanks Mark, yes I have latest road report (24/3), and hoping another will be published soon. Also will be keen to see how much rain falls on Sunday. I have some good maps, and a number of Hema routes already created, so will adjust as necessary.

Mark
Mark (Edge31)
08 Apr 2017

Thanks Mark, yes I have latest road report (24/3), and hoping another will be published soon. Also will be keen to see how much rain falls on Sunday. I have some good maps, and a number of Hema routes already created, so will adjust as necessary.

No problem Tony. Have a great trip. I was going to go over easter weekend but have decided to go to the Buckland Valley in the High Country as I've never been to that part of the High Country.

Chris Lowe (Bzngr27)
08 Apr 2017

Beginner- would come depending on date.

Joe
Joe (Joe_JKU)
08 Apr 2017

I would be interested too depending on dates. I am not really a beginner but don't mind to tag along and explore the Pyrenees.
Do you plan to camp or a day trip?

Interested dependant on dates 

1 2   Next