Fire danger alert - Vic High Country

Forum > General Discussion

A heads up for anyone in the Vic High Country or planning to head there soon. Please be mindful of several fires currently burning.

"Forest Fire Management Victoria crews continue to strengthen control lines around the two fires in the Alpine National Park north-west and south-west of Dargo.
Today, fire crews are consolidating containment lines including south of the Wonnangatta Crooked River Road. This may cause some traffic management delays to travellers due to heavy machinery movement.
Fire crews also continue to monitor and black out any hot spots within the Waterford – McCarthys Spur fire.
Forest Fire Management Victoria are working closely with CFA volunteers and local residents on asset protection work and forward planning."

Please view if you're going in and around the high country at the moment or any time soon 

http://emergency.vic.gov.au/respond/

Robert
Robert (Rigger64)
20 Mar 2017

From what I have been told it all started form DSE(DELWEP) Burn.

Dave
Dave (disco)
21 Mar 2017

From what I have been told it all started form DSE(DELWEP) Burn.

Hi,

I live in the area and according to friends in the DEWLP it was lightining strike.

The one at or near Dargo is still not under control, the one in the Deddick valley is contained.

Regards

Dave