Brainstorming Trip ideas - Xmas to New Year

Forum > Trip Ideas (Expression of Interest)

Hi everyone,

I thought I would post this thread up so that if anyone who are interested in going on a trip between Xmas to New Year period (possibility between 25 Dec to 15 Jan), you can start discussing some trip ideas here. 

It's not too late to organise a trip. If you are keen, please post your trip up. 

If you have already planned a trip and if you don't mind to invite a few others to tag along, please also post your trip up. 

Have fun

4WDTRIP TEAM

Jase
Jase (Jase69er)
25 Nov 2014

What's a great idea, I'd like to see an overnight trip and to make it to camp mid afternoon so as we can all sat around and have afew beers. Since it's going to be summer and there for hot I'd like to see a campsite by the water. 

Dave
Dave (Calderd)
25 Nov 2014

I'm keen to get Blue Rag and or Billygoats off my bucket list 

Steve
Steve (tasl)
26 Nov 2014

Not getting much time off in that period but Blue Rag and Billy goats is also on my Bucket list, the problem I see is that most of the campspots

are full at that time.

Wayne (dragic)
03 Dec 2014

Hello everyone.

I was thinking of doing a trip to jamerson in the new year if anyone is interested. If I get enough people interested I will plan a weekend of 4wding and exploring the erea and going to the jemerson pub to Cheers wayne.

Kelvin
Kelvin (TREXGQ)
03 Dec 2014

Hi everyone,

If you would like to guage the interest of a trip you have in mind, it's the best if you could post it on our forum first so that we can send out emails to everyone. 

To post it, click the link below

http://www.4wdtrip.com.au/offroad/social/forum/post.aspx?forumid=7

Simon
Simon (1TUFFGU)
07 Dec 2014

Hello everyone.

I was ......

What happened to the original thread on this? You have deleted the whole thing.

Aaron
Aaron (Chuah1)
07 Dec 2014

Hi,

My first post to this forum. Firstly, Season Greetings to everyone!

Another family and my are planning 27th Dec to 10th Jan to head up to Davis Plain in the high country. We didnt want anything too planned as we prefer to go with the flow and if need be a couple of nights here and there (rolling camp) along the way up or back... not fuss.

Looking at meeting in mansfield on 27th Dec and leaving from there....

As we dont know the way well apart from just looking at the hema maps, I was wondering if anyone else is heading that way...

Must be family friendly as we have 3 kids each family and main goal is to relax, enjoy the free camping and some 4wding.... we will most likely swag it rather than bring our camper trailers....

Just a thought and putting it out there to see if there is any interest....

Cheers!

Aaron

Kelvin
Kelvin (TREXGQ)
07 Dec 2014

Hi,

My first post to this forum. Firstly, Season Greetings to everyone!

Another family and my are planning 27th Dec to 10th Jan to head up to Davis Plain in the high country. We didnt want anything too planned as we prefer t......
Hey mate if nobody reply you..you may consider to repost it at the link below so that everyone will get a notification.... i may consider to join u....planning now

Anthony
Anthony (atowen)
09 Dec 2014

Sounds good! Ready to hit the High Country again :)
Anth

Aaron
Aaron (Chuah1)
09 Dec 2014

Hey mate if nobody reply you..you may consider to repost it at the link below so that everyone will get a notification.... i may consider to join u....planning now

Sounds good... I will have to leave from Mansfield on 27th Dec.... So will be good if others want to join in. As I mentioned before, happy to do a short rolling camping as we don't want to spend all day just driving around... So far we have 2 families and 3 kids per family, all aged from 6 to 13 yrs old. We will most likely swag it but happy for you to bring your camper or whatever......

Kelvin
Kelvin (TREXGQ)
09 Dec 2014

Sounds good... I will have to leave from Mansfield on 27th Dec.... So will be good if others want to join in. As I mentioned before, happy to do a short rolling camping as we don't want to spend all day just driving around... So far we have......

Thanks mate... i will let you know closer to the date. If you have confirmed this trip you may want to post it as proper trip on our site so that others can join you. We use forum to discuss ideas only. Cheers mate

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
16 Dec 2014

Kelvin, just thought there might be a couple of members  interested in joining us for a day or 2 on a trip I am doing starting Jan 5th. My partners daughter & her boyfriend, (who now live in Sydney), are down for a couple of weeks & the boyfriend Nick is 'busting his balls' to drive Blue Rag, Billy Goats, Crooked River etc etc before they head back home.

So on  Monday the 5th we are heading to Talbotville to set up a 'base camp' As I will be towing my camper trailer I am still undecided on which way I will head in; either McMillans Rd or Wonnangatta/Crooked River Tks to the camp area. Over the next 3 days we will be doing most of the iconic tracks in the area along with a visit to Wonnangatta Station etc etc.

Anyway, we have 4 vehicles going at this stage, (if discomatt can still make it), so 2 more vehicles are welcome as I dont run a group of more than 6 vehicles on these type of trips; (been there done that & it does get messy...lol). If discomatt cant make it, 3 potential spots available.

Anyway, just thought I would put it out there if anyone was looking do head up that way.  Any questions just ask, but I would rate the trip as 'medium to hard' to be on the safe side & as usual basic recovery gear as a minimum is a must.

Cheers

Kelvin
Kelvin (TREXGQ)
16 Dec 2014

Kelvin, just thought there might be a couple of members  interested in joining us for a day or 2 on a trip I am doing starting Jan 5th. My partners daughter & her boyfriend, (who now live in Sydney), are down for a couple of weeks &......

Hi Allan,

No worries mate. Did you come to our Xmas gathering?  sorry I couldn't meet you on Xmas gathering. I was too busy taking care of all the big kids and small kids running around :) 

Sounds awesome mate. If possible, it would be good if you post your trip up so that our system will send out invitation to our members. I can guarantee you will have members interested or joining your trips within days. If you can only take 2  or more vehicles, you can simply set Maximum Vehicle to 2 and our system will keep tracks the participants. 

To post it, click the link below

http://www.4wdtrip.com.au/offroad/trip/new.aspx

Cheers mate