Tracks on or close to the Mornington Peninsula

Forum > 4WD Tracks & Destinations
Craig
Craig (Rubi2)
05 Mar 2017

Hi all, newby here on the forum.
I live on the Mornington Peninsula and would like to know if anyone knows of any reasonable tracks on the Mornington Peninsula where I can have a quick play without having to drive an hour and a half?
There used to be quite a few, but all the ones I know have been closed down.

Thanks in advance, Craig

Andrew
Andrew (whipit)
05 Mar 2017

Zero that I know of  be good to have some kind of challange track around here to get a 4x4 fix , not my thing but did hear a while ago that there were some bog holes in the industrial area at Dromana but no one seem to know if it was legal or not I'm guessing not.... 

Luke
Luke (Hiluxlou)
05 Mar 2017

Theres none Craig , closest is probably Noojee area , which in my opinion is full of hoons and vandals. unfortunately its a fair drive for us southerners to go for a wheel.

Craig
Craig (Rubi2)
07 Mar 2017

Zero that I know of  be good to have some kind of challange track around here to get a 4x4 fix , not my thing but did hear a while ago that there were some bog holes in the industrial area at Dromana but no one seem to know if it was legal or not I'm guessing not.... 

Thanks Andrew.

I did do the bogholes at Dromana, but not worth getting a shitload of scratches for 1/2 hour of fun. The tracks obviously don't get used much and are very overgrown.

There used to be some behind Rosebud industrial estate, but they are now gated and locked.

Anyone else?

Craig
Craig (Rubi2)
07 Mar 2017

Theres none Craig , closest is probably Noojee area , which in my opinion is full of hoons and vandals. unfortunately its a fair drive for us southerners to go for a wheel.

Ta Luke. Looks like we will have to put up with a drive if we want to go off road.

We need a Landcruiser Park on the Peninsula!