Traction Control vs Diff Lock (Lockers)

Forum > General Discussion
Previous   1 2 3 4
Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
04 Mar 2017

The FJ Toyota has a great traction control system.

Hi Tony, PM sent re LR v Toyota

Shane
Shane (shanegtr)
13 May 2017

() wrote:

spot on!

Everyone who has a 4WD with T/C of some description and thinks its crap should go somewhere in a controlled environment and test what works and what not. All of those systems have advantages but not in all situations.

<......

I know that feeling well. Two and a bit years of ownership on my D3 and Im still getting used to how the traction control works in different situations. Its a completely different 4wd to my old 80 series. All my previous 4wds have been manuals and this one is my first auto so that also adds to the difference. I've played around with the hill decent control, and even though its an auto I found 1st gear low to be just as good as any manual I've used meaning I rarely use the HDC.

Alex
Alex (TEQ-80)
15 May 2017

I know that feeling well. Two and a bit years of ownership on my D3 and Im still getting used to how the traction control works in different situations. Its a completely different 4wd to my old 80 series. All my previous 4wds have been manuals ......

Shane is that you from offroad 80's ?

Shane
Shane (shanegtr)
15 May 2017

Shane is that you from offroad 80's ?

It sure is

Alex
Alex (TEQ-80)
15 May 2017

It sure is

Well howdy, small world :-)

You still got an 80 ????????????

Shane
Shane (shanegtr)
15 May 2017

Well howdy, small world :-)

You still got an 80 ????????????

No unfortantly my last 80 got written of due to a roll over

Alex
Alex (TEQ-80)
16 May 2017

No unfortantly my last 80 got written of due to a roll over

Bugger !

Is the site still running then ?  Gotta admit I've spent more time driving than forum-ing in the last couple of years.

Shane
Shane (shanegtr)
16 May 2017

Bugger !

Is the site still running then ?  Gotta admit I've spent more time driving than forum-ing in the last couple of years.

Sites still going - 10 years online this March!

Shane
Shane (shanegtr)
16 May 2017

Message deleted by the author.

Previous   1 2 3 4