Mount Terrible day trip

Forum > Your Trip Report & Experience
Rick
Rick (Rick T)
21 Feb 2017

Hi all,

I just thought I'd share my experience on the Mt Terrible Hut trip. 

For starters I planned on my wife Sue driving for the whole day (her first trip). She reluctantly agreed when I signed up for the trip when it was first posted. We arrived right on time to find that everyone else had already rolled up. A quick intro and we were off. We aired the tyres down a bit down the road and straight into the first track. Sue was hooked. While going along Alex said over the UHF that there was a more challenging section up ahead. Sue chose not to try that one cause she was still warming up so we met the others up the track a bit further. That was the first and last time she did that. There were other challenging sections ahead which she did not hold back on and did them with ease. There was one section on a hill climb where we needed to adjust our line and she was a bit nervous to roll back but some words of encouragement from her devoted husband and we were on our way. It was worth the drive to the hut just for the views. It was a long day that was finished perfectly with dinner at the Warburton pub with some of the other members. Alex was a perfect leader with words of encouragement when it was needed but I'm sure he could see that Sue was doing well. A big hello to everyone who was on the trip and hope to see you all again.

Kelvin
Kelvin (TREXGQ)
24 Feb 2017

I am glad your wife is hooked!... thanks for sharing the report

Alex
Alex (TEQ-80)
24 Feb 2017

It was a good :-)   I want a property at "Nimbin" as we called it...

Most important thing is though Rick, and thanks for the kind words, is that new 4WD on the horizon......... ? 

If Sue had a great day can you twist her arm ?  And yes, grub at the pub on the way home wrapped up the day nicely.

Cheerio

Rick
Rick (Rick T)
24 Feb 2017

It was a good :-)   I want a property at "Nimbin" as we called it...

Most important thing is though Rick, and thanks for the kind words, is that new 4WD on the horizon......... ? 

If Sue had a......

Hi Alex,

Not only did I twist her arm, I managed to increase the budget. I'm currently in QLD celebrating our god daughters wedding so as soon as I get back I'll be putting my Navara on the market and dreaming about a BT50. I am open to suggestions but I like that they now come standard with a rear locker. My budgets about 35 k. I do need a ute and can't afford anything new. 

Luke
Luke (Hiluxlou)
24 Feb 2017

Rick you didnt mention the suicide doors on the BT50 ??... smiley

Rick
Rick (Rick T)
24 Feb 2017

Rick you didnt mention the suicide doors on the BT50 ??... smiley

You're right Luke how could I forget. I really like the suicide doors. But Sue wants me to get a twin cab😤

Winston
Winston (Winston_FJ)
27 Feb 2017

Rock, awesome to see that Sue took to it so well. My wife and I share the enjoyment of it as well and I'm happy for her to take the wheel on easy to medium stuff (she hates the harder tracks). 

Hope to see you on more trips soon and look forward to meeting the better half.