Corey
Corey (BOSSCR)
21 Feb 2017

Hi guys, I've never done Wombat and I'm wondering if anyone is interested in hosting a trip. I have no idea about any of the tracks so I'm hoping someone who knows it well would like to host a day or half day trip there?

Andrew
Andrew (Klrwrangler)
24 Feb 2017

Im keen to join if its this sunday, but rather not be the host

Hi there
Are you talking wombat state forest?
Im in a local 4wd group that maybe heading out there this weekend. I'm not sure if I'm going yet.
You can find 4wd group on facebook and they great people.
Ballarat rednecks 4x4 group

Rodney (Nissypatrol)
24 Feb 2017

Hi my names rod we have wombat maps but not to keen to host but will join 

Andrew
Andrew (whipit)
24 Feb 2017

Hi Corey, Some awesome tracks in Lerderberg and Wombat, people are always keen to go check it  if no one puts their hand up you should lead a trip there doesn't matter that you don't know the tracks grab a map, ask people in the forum for suggestions based on what type tracks you want to do check out tracks on you tube look at past trips and trip reports from there  if you post a trip just put in the trip description something like: Wombat Explore " I've never been before but hoping to find some medium/ hard  tracks  there may be mud and large bog holes so be prepared for this  it will be at least half a day maybe a full days driving bring your own lunch snacks and drink etc etc . Also check out the 4wdtrip guide in the forumhttps://www.4wdtrip.com.au/dl/4WDTRIP_Trip_Leader_Guide_July2015.pdf  personally I would limit the vehicles to 5 or 6 given you don't know the area and how long it will take IMO  too many cars  is harder to manage oh and the trip leader doesn't get the dust .... give it a go that's what this site is about.

G'day mate
I agree you should just bang a trip up ask the pages forum for some ideas grab a map and head out and enjoy

Alex
Alex (AlexPatrol)
24 Feb 2017

Wombat is the sort of place where you can spend half a day doing 10 tracks or a whole day doing 3, depending on conditions. Ive been going there for a few years now and still find a heap of different places.

If you like to explore and find old mine sites etc with medium style tracks, can I suggest Blackwood -Trentham-Daylesford area. It is really nice out that side. I dont go into the Gisborne side now, its been trashed and the tracks are over used. If you like bog holes go for it.

Cheers

I'd been keen to come if you don't mind a newbie tagging along and it depends on when you go. 

Ive been to wombat before and only did the diggers track off o'briens, I was on my own. Few bog holes (which you can get around) and I found it a little steep for my first time but I was already committed.. 

Depending on the day & my rostered W/Es im keen but alas I to am a wombat Virgin but I can read a map

Depending on the day & my rostered W/Es im keen but alas I to am a wombat Virgin but I can read a map

Yeah I used the terra maps app on my phone and it seem to be ok, occasionally there's tracks on there that don't seem to exist. 

Its so hard to join a beginners trip, there doesn't seem to  be too many and they fill up quickly, then coordinating it with weekend I'm not on call is another thing.

from what I've read it doesn't seem to be too difficult at wombat, just haven't wanted to risk it with out a winch and traveling alone. 

Thurstain
Thurstain (Tcm9669)
02 Mar 2017

Hey guys, thinking of doing a trip maybe for labour day long weekend.. Will be me, my girlfriend and my new puppy.. Probably camp a night or two. Just got the maps a while back I'll have a look at it and might come up with a plan if anyone is interested in joining.

I will be looking for easy / medium tracks just some family friendly fun, exploring, maybe find a mine or two and enjoy the weekend.

Not a big fan on car swallowing bog holes and not afraid to turn around if need be. I don't like breaking shit.

Got a navara d22, 2 inch lift with 32 brand new muddies, snorkel, winch, recovery points and all the goods. Anyone interested needs to bring their own recovery gear.

Let me know if there is interest for labour weekend. Will camp at least one night.