Best camp fire meal.

Forum > General Discussion
Previous   1 2
Jono
Jono (Varangian)
23 Feb 2017

The best would have to be a great end of epic trip meal that has no real recipe, i just add everything left over to create a stew and moisture with red wine. Camp oven damper as a side. 

Just leave simmering for about 40 mins to......

Yeah that sounds the go a medieval dinner.

Luke
Luke (Hiluxlou)
23 Feb 2017

Super quick and easy and tastes superb ......cold pie in a jaffle iron and cook it the same as you would a jaffle .

Rod
Rod (Buffer)
23 Feb 2017

Yeah that sounds the go a medieval dinner.

it is absolutely superb.

()
21 Jun 2017

Camping as a teenager use to love 2min noodles mixed with a can of bake beans with bread, now I like to make a stew at home in one of those slow cooker things , by the time you get to camp the first night it's cooked and ready to eat. Great if a long day driving.

Ray
Ray (Ray)
21 Jun 2017

After many years of camp cooking, we've begun to supplement our regular camp oven meals with something different, both on family trips as well as boy's weekends out; prepare at home, eat in style in the bush: https://australianimage.com.au/high-country-cuisine/.

Allan
Allan (Big Pig)
21 Jun 2017

Ray (Ray) wrote:

After many years of camp cooking, we've begun to supplement our regular camp oven meals with something different, both on family trips as well as boy's weekends out; prepare at home, eat in style in the bush: 

Ray
Ray (Ray)
22 Jun 2017

That's weird, your post shows fully in an email 4WDTrip sent, but not on this forum (I can't see it). 

Yep, it's so much easier to pre-prepare meals at home and then just reheat or cook at camp. Mind you, I do love camp oven roasts etc, but those are for when we take our campervan.

Previous   1 2