Craigs Hut

Forum > General Discussion

David (Toyota_hilux)
24 Jan 2017

Hi All,

this is my first post  great forum keep up the good work guys.

Looking at taking the kids and the wife up to craigs hut however was wondering which is my best way in.Not looking for any hardcore  4wd tracks just something easy that the kids and the wife will enjoy.

Cheers

Nick
Nick (Morphen83)
25 Jan 2017

David, 

The tracks up to craigs hut are basically 2wd, Circuit Rd is graded and very easy nothing to get excited about. the 4wd track up to the car park to craigs hut (Clear Hills track) can be done in 2wd or 4H depending on weather and confidence. Again nothing to hard a few whoopy do's, loose gravel / shale and a hill climb. 

We were up there a month ago and took some friends, they were in a standard prado (late 90's early 2000's ,model) standard height and road tyres. They had no driving experience off the black top and had no issues getting up there. 

Enjoy the Trip. 

Regards 

Nick. 

Andrew
Andrew (whipit)
25 Jan 2017

Hi David,

Nick has explained it very well... I'd recomend going early in the day as it gets like Bourke St around lunch time Circut Rd in can be very dusty. Fry's Hut is another good one in the area that's easy to accsess just take Howqua Track (2wd Gravel road) off Mansfeild Rd to Sheepyard Flat turn Right at the camp ground about ten mins from memory and your there.

Andrew.

David (Toyota_hilux)
26 Jan 2017

Hi Guys,

Thans for ther reply,

Looks like a mid wek sickie might be on the cards in the next few weeks.cool so to avoid the bourke street crowds.

cheers