good mate if mine

Rowan Johnson (pnut)
20 Nov 2014

Comp tyres Murumbeena. Talk to Stacey.

Dave
Dave (disco)
20 Nov 2014

Hi Guys

I use Maxis bighorns and have done for some time, I am happy with the road noise and happy with them offroad. I have used other brands but came back to Maxis each time. It is also a personal thing but I just like Maxis as they have more sidewall plys than other brands and last well on the black stuff or the dirt.

Dave

Robert
Robert (Rigger64)
20 Nov 2014

Well i using Maxxis 764 on my zook & em very happy with them & i use them every day & there not all that noise in fact i recon that they are quite maybe a little noiser then A/T's but not by much i not sure if you can get the 764's in your size but you should be able to get the 762's Alan (Big Pig) is using the 762's.

As for grip on the wet they hold very well in fact i have nearly emptyed some on the smaller puddles very Funny when you go past a bus stop watching the people ducking for cover.

I got mine from JAX in Wells Rd Seaford, i think from memory thay cost me about $220 each. 

Russel (Russel)
21 Nov 2014

Hi guys , I met you on the trip from briagalong , I am a tyre dealer in , Melbourne , and would be more than happy , to help you out , you can contact me on 0419356081

Kelvin
Kelvin (TREXGQ)
21 Nov 2014

Yes please contact Russel on 0419356081. He is a good mate of Al (BIGPIG)...he will look after everyone here if you need any tyres.

Brian
Brian (Hitman)
21 Nov 2014

Depending on where you live....

Jarrod at Bayroad Tyre and 4WD  in Cheltenham....

Billy and Dean at Bob Jane Hoppers Crossing....

Mark Donnellan at Donnellan's Boxhill...

All will look after you......great guys.....

Brian Harding (Hitman)

Rudi (rudi)
21 Nov 2014

I'v runb Duelers over the simo and in the high country without a problem, winter in the high country I use mud tyres but I have them on a second set of rims.

Kheitain
Kheitain (Kheitain)
22 Nov 2014

G'day

I run a set of both, BFG A/T's for general use, and a set of Federal Couragia M/T's for dedicated off road use. So long as you don't mind changing tyres having a different set for on road and off is really the best way to go! You can get exactly what you need without having to compromise for either terrain.

The Federals are a really good off road tyre, but the height of the wear mark means you won't be getting a lot of miles out of them if you choose to run them on the highway. If you are looking for an offroad only tyre, I strongly recomend them!

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
22 Nov 2014

totally agree with the above post, have 2 sets federals are a good muddie, at the moment I am running bridgstone MTR kevlar, very good traction on all surfaces but the trade off is very soft rubber and the are wearing fast and get chiped and cut up every time I use them on rocky tracks.

Hi Russel, 

it was a good trip we did! Will give you a call in the New Year!!!

Previous   1 2