Important - Check-in Required for all trips

Forum > Announcements

Hi all,

From now on, all trip participants are required to "Check-In" to their trips before the trip starts. 

Why do I need to Check-In?

Checking-in let Trip Leader and others know you are confirmed to come. 
If for some reasons, you are running late and couldn't get any phone reception, your trip leader will know something may have happened to you and will be more willing to wait for you at the meeting point. 

How to Check-In?

From now on, you will receive an email with subject Check-in Required 24 hours before your trip commence.
Please make sure you check-in by clicking a link in your email. It will only take you less than 10 seconds to complete the check in. There is no excuse not to check-in. Alternatively, you can visit the trip page and Check-in manually. The Check-In function will be available 48 hours before the trip commence. It's a green Check-in button on the right. 

What happen if I don't Check-in?

If you are unable to check-in, your trip leader may remove you from the trip to leave room for others. We will also record it in our system and you could be suspended from joining further trips in the future. 

Do I still receive "Check-in Required" email if I have already Checked-in through the site?

If you have already check-in before you receive the email, the email will have subject "Trip Reminder - [your trip]" instead. The email will not have a link to Check-in. 

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
12 Jan 2017

Well done Kelvin...yes,great to see you have 'taken the bull by the horns' and have made it perfectly crystal clear that EVERYONE must check in. I also think you have made a super decision by recording those who fail to check in and may suffer as a result.

Am sure that those of us who have recently run private trips will be far more inclined to run public trips due to what you have now implemented.

Let's hope all members read your post.

Andrew
Andrew (my truck)
12 Jan 2017

Amen we did a trip and two other truck turned up with kids because the leader said it was ok hmmmm!

Allan (Owl and Tam)
12 Jan 2017

Well we will be heading to moonta sand dunes on the 20th then again on 27th to port Hugh's caravan park and the dunes during the day. These are the best dunes in Adelaide for a chalange and some basic fun.

Scott
Scott (Stonekillerz)
13 Jan 2017

So glad this has happened.

Robert
Robert (Rigger64)
13 Jan 2017

Good to see this implemented that was one of my grips about running trips & having x amount say yes then only 2 of us turn up.