Pineapple Flats

Forum > 4WD Tracks & Destinations
David
David (Paul Patrol)
05 Jan 2017

Hey peeps, I'm thinking of heading to Pineapple Flats for 3 or 4 days of camping. I only have a stock Prado with highway A/T's. I've only been there once and can't remember the tracks in? Will I make it there with me stick Prado? Appreciate your feedback.

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
05 Jan 2017

Great to see you back in the seat of a 4by Dave!! Last time I was there you would be fine but we all know how tracks can change...

If its dry you wouldn't have an issue and can't you access it from main road / track?

Will have to check my maps ...

Dennis
Dennis (bigden)
05 Jan 2017

its a very easy drive in from circuit rd . only problem may be crossing king river into pinapple flat, although its usually low this time of year

()
05 Jan 2017

I went through there about a year ago, it was easy stuff then, King hut is a nice place to go too, much lower numbers there for some reason and it's a big flat area.

Lots of overhanging trees at pineapple.

()
05 Jan 2017

Message deleted by the author.

Andrew
Andrew (whipit)
05 Jan 2017

I would recommend Sheepyard Flat Much better than Pineapple IMO and you can get there in 2wd  as Mark said King Hut is nice and not a hard drive unless conditions have drastically changed just a few shallow river crossings I'd say you would be ok if you go sensible.

()
07 Jan 2017

Do think about the overhanging trees, some poor girl was killed recently by a falling limb off a tree.

Set up your swag/tent close to the vehicle if you need to sleep under trees, but still no guarantee.

King hut is much more open.

()
07 Jan 2017

Berk
Berk (bjm74)
15 Apr 2017

Just came back from a few days camping at Pineapple Flat. Tracks in were very easy going. Easier way in if you're towing is King Basin Rd, as Black Landing Track was a lot trickier. No sweat for a basic setup 4x4 not towing though. The river was down but the exit into the campground has been chewed up a bit with a big hole right in the main path - you can veer to the left, just keep the revs up!