Best Insurance for your 4x4

Forum > General Discussion
Previous   1 2 3 4 5   Next

()
04 Jan 2017

It's pretty simple guys, it's either legal or it's not.

Manufacturers go to enormous lengths to develop their vehicles, changing heights,offsets, wheel size can effect  the whole balance of a vehicle.

AND don't fuckin tell me it drives well till you have an engineers certificate to say it's roadworthy.

Placing a unstable, illegally modified vehicle on public roads is a threat to other road users.

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
04 Jan 2017

I had 2 quotes given to them, one from my repairer and one from there's...both had said needs a new housing and costs went up to 9k and then they had the last repairer of their choice and he came back with a cost of $500 to bend it back....I don't wa......

9k for a diff housing now that is a joke !! In there policy documents it clearly states you can choose the repairer so no issue there but if said repairer is a blatant over priced rip off of course they are going to get there back up. I spent 8 years running my smash repair business so I know what is involved and how insurance companies work.

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
04 Jan 2017

() wrote:

It's pretty simple guys, it's either legal or it's not.

Manufacturers go to enormous lengths to develop their vehicles, changing heights,offsets, wheel size can effect  the whole balance of a vehicle.

AND ......

Gees Mark cut this shit out, I agree with you so obviously you are having a rant and us agreeing is totally unacceptablecheekycrying

()
04 Jan 2017

Message deleted by the author.

()
04 Jan 2017

Just for the record "author" didn't delete my last post, admin did.

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
05 Jan 2017

All good Mark, thats the great thing about the email systemsmiley

There is no ecape!! I love when people type what they think then go back and delete and edit it, good for a chuckle in this mundane and over regulated pollitically correct world.

It was touge in cheek with some humour that most don't get. Allan says your a good bloke so we should have an evening around the bush TV one day, ah hang on I wonder what the old bugger says about me, his judge of character may be a little squed due to spending so much time with polliesblush

I will check that next time I see him

Winston
Winston (Winston_FJ)
05 Jan 2017

All good Mark, thats the great thing about the email systemsmiley

There is no ecape!! I love when pe......

If he's said your a first class a**hole then the man tells no lies. I just happen to like your style. 😂

I think we all need some more time in the bush instead of at the keyboard. It's how you get to see past conceptions you have of people and get to know the real person. And often it results in good friendships.

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
05 Jan 2017

If he's said your a first class a**hole then the man tells no lies. I just happen to like your style. 😂

I think we all need some more time in the bush instead of at the keyboard. It's how you get to see past conceptions you have of peop......

Yep this is why we need a "like " buttonyes

What you talking about Winston? I am a first class a hole, the voices made me do it

()
05 Jan 2017

There you go we agree again Matt devil

Winston
Winston (Winston_FJ)
05 Jan 2017

Yep this is why we need a "like " buttonyes

What you talking about Winston? I am a first class a hole, the voices made me do it

Must be a lot of voices...

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
05 Jan 2017

Sorry I shall make no futher comment, the voices have told me to clean the kitchen and get ready for tonights outing. I also now have to do some deep soul searching due to a nasty rating that has been left for me because I dared question someones thought processes regarding a trip.

Mark, for the love of God stop agreeing.

Winston, go get your own voices

Back on topic, RACV is by far the best insurance company for every day standard policies

()
05 Jan 2017

Sorry I shall make no futher comment, the voices have told me to clean the kitchen and get ready for tonights outing. I also now have to do some deep soul searching due to a nasty rating that has been left for me because I dared question someon......

I would agree RACV and I would also add AAMI provide the best service overall. I have been with these companies before and it was only their lack of clarity of driving in "off-road conditions " and coverage of "upgrades " pushed me to find other alternatives.

()
05 Jan 2017

A month or so ago , I was sitting 6 -7 cars back from a stop sign when an oncoming Ford falcon was fish tailing out of control and his driver side rear quarter panel impacted my RHS ARB Deluxe bar and scuffed past my panel and wheels - yes my shiny wheels and tyres !! Who would imagine countless Klms on tracks and around Australia and In an urban area - get hit by an idiot on a straight road. 

As annoying as it was - I have taken my time to put the claim in so as to not disrupt any Xmas and NYE festivities and stay in my good mood.

My insurer is Club 4x4 and they were actually pressing me to go through the process . I just didn't want to rush things either - they wanted a complete driver history (7 days from VicRoads) accident description form and photos etc but  at time of writing I haven't even selected a repairer. 

So far so good , they have been courteous and understanding and I can only say good things at this point . I will update you on the end result .

Dennis
Dennis (bigden)
05 Jan 2017

I have top cover with racv because they cover anywhere that's a designated track including river crossings. They will also recover and deliver your car to your mechanic ( unfortunately not to home )

ive used this once with a breakdown , actually after leaving the tracks and hitting the bitumen on a 4wdtrip

i got this cover some years ago before a cape York trip and decided to keep it

expensive , but I am happy so far. 

Ian
Ian (Ranger50)
07 Jan 2017

Hi Kelvin,

I periodically search around for the best deal on my 4x4 insurance as cost is a big issue for me, although I have had 4x4 insurance(full comp) for the last 8 years, luckily I have never had to make a claim.

Up until last November I had full comp insurance with Shannons which only gave me market value with no extra accessories for around $950.00 a year, I'm 55, not had an accident in the last 20 years and I am a rating 1.

Last November I heard about Club4x4 so I checked them out, there policies and pds looks good, so I got a quote from them, they said market value with $15K of accessories was around $600, then they said before they accepted they needed photo evidence of accessories, I also went around my car and made a list of the accessories and the approximate cost of replacement and found I had more than $25K's worth on my car so I phoned them back and told them, they wanted proof which was fine so they requoted for market value and $25K of acces. total value $52K for $650.00.

That sold me so I'm trying them at the moment and will see in the future if I need to make a claim or not and if my premium goes up next year or not, it's trial and error every year with insurance!!

Cheers Ranger50

Previous   1 2 3 4 5   Next