Best Insurance for your 4x4

Forum > General Discussion
Previous   1 2 3 4 5   Next
Jason
Jason (Deimos)
04 Jan 2017

I asked the same question 6months ago when I purchaced a brand new Triton Exceed. From my resurch I went with club 4x4.

havnet had a claim yet thank God but I hope the claims process is smooth if by chance I need it.

Policy ......
Also With your mods (especially new cars as u have warrenty) make sure u check everything that its legal, and done right as to not affect other issues with drive.

Eg: original wheels n tires-
245/65R17 on 7.5x17 ET+38 or 245/70R16 on 7x16 ET+38

New package: 265/70R16 & 8x16 ET+20 (will fit but wheel track wider, rims & tires stick out 8-10mm past flares, scrub radius out by 14mm+ affecting handling, abs, acs, tc) 265/75R16 rub. All illegal, uninsured.

(Drove bad and got stung by cops after 2days new package)

No choice but to go 245/75R16 & 7×16 ET+30 ... all legal, all fits good, scrub radius almost same as original, drives great. Plus only 2-4mm less heights.

Resurch makes a difference. (Mind u all this is without a lift). So make sure u study what mod u putting, check for ya self and double check again

()
04 Jan 2017

Hate to say it but unless it's for a minor ding you're wasting money with insurance. You've got 35s and no sway bars. In the event of an accident requiring inspection there isn't an insurance company in Australia who will pay out because in the fine ......

"You've got 35s and no sway bars. In the event of an accident requiring inspection there isn't an insurance company in Australia who will pay out because in the fine print of every policy is the fact that the vehicle must be roadworthy. "

C'mon Winston, the owner of a 4wd site wouldn't drive a unroadworthy vehicle! 

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
04 Jan 2017

Of coarse not, he would have it engineered like all  responsible 4wders, its not hard to turn a half moddified botched up death trap into a safe and roadworthy car

()
04 Jan 2017

Message deleted by the author.

Winston
Winston (Winston_FJ)
04 Jan 2017

() wrote:
There's a fine line between practical modifications and being a tool ripping up tracks. For example I have 4" of lift though only run 33s, I have taken my sway bars out. However I don't hit the skinny pedal just for the fun of it and cause damage to tracks we are losing one by one. Unfortunately there are too many people who like sooting it up and hearing turbo whistle while they rip the hell out of dirt.

()
04 Jan 2017

Good luck with that battle. As I understand it, diff bracing isn't legal so I don't imagine they would touch it. 

That's my argument....so they are prepared to give me back a weakened diff

Winston
Winston (Winston_FJ)
04 Jan 2017

() wrote:
I drive in accordance to not having them and am more concerned about someone taking me out than vice versa. Believe me I'm the most staunch advocate of safe driving.

()
04 Jan 2017

I drive in accordance to not having them and am more concerned about someone taking me out than vice versa. Believe me I'm the most staunch advocate of safe driving.

So is having them out legal on the public roads?

Winston
Winston (Winston_FJ)
04 Jan 2017

() wrote:

So is having them out legal on the public roads?

I wasn't saying it was legal, I was making the point that our legislation isn't really spot on. 4" lift isn't legal. But it handles brilliantly. So explain why it isn't legal.

Why would you expect any insurance company to pay for extra modifications to improve your vehicle after you damaged a know weak point for said vehicle??? I would be asking for a new housing not bracing. If your worried about it weakening the di......

I had 2 quotes given to them, one from my repairer and one from there's...both had said needs a new housing and costs went up to 9k and then they had the last repairer of their choice and he came back with a cost of $500 to bend it back....I don't want bracing I want a new housing....hense why I say this company is a joke

()
04 Jan 2017

Winston
Winston (Winston_FJ)
04 Jan 2017

() wrote:
You should sit shotgun with me. You will be wondering why the hell I'm driving so slowly.

()
04 Jan 2017

()
04 Jan 2017

Previous   1 2 3 4 5   Next