New feature - Add 4WD Tracks to a trip

Forum > Announcements
Kelvin
Kelvin (TREXGQ)
11 Nov 2014

We are excited to release a new feature on our Trip page called "4WD Tracks". You can now easily add/delete 4WD Tracks to a trip. See screenshot.

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
11 Nov 2014

Sounds like a good idea, but think it may cause a bit of a 'bunfight', similar to what has happened on other 4wd forums. Problem is it is always a persons perception of how hard or easy a certain track is along with the type of vehicle, whether modified or stock standard & last but not least, driver experience.

No system will ever be perfect, but the current system used by Fwd Vic is probably the best at this time; based on a STANDARD VEHICLE. Whilst many may rate the likes of Billy Goat & Conways as 'medium', some will even say both are easy, there are sections that can be a bit tricky, so I would classify it as 'hard' if going on criteria of standard vehicle etc.

Whilst I appreciate many here have modified vehicles, there are some who dont so I would always err on the side of caution when classifying a track. Anyway, my 2c worth.

Kelvin
Kelvin (TREXGQ)
11 Nov 2014

Sounds like a good idea, but think it may cause a bit of a 'bunfight', similar to what has happened on other 4wd forums. Problem is it is always a persons perception of how hard or easy a certain track is along with the type of vehicle,......

Hi mate,

Yes, I agree what you say. I have been told many times that Billy Bluff Goat track are hard....well, I must admit it was much easier than I expected

Personally I look at a track and I would judge the difficulties by many factors (recent rain, has it been graded recently, etc). No rating system is perfect, even FWD Vic use Standard vehicle to rate the track, but at the end of the day, it's the DRIVER....... A novice driver can turn an easy track into difficult track driving a standard vehicle. 

I think our site has provided a way for you to look at member's 4wd spec. This should also help you judge the track difficulties. If someone in a highly modified truck add a track as HARD, then I would believe that track is definitely hard. 

So please use it as reference only. It's not right or wrong..... the best way to find out? .....get out there and drive it :)

Cheers

Kelvin