Access to mayford from dargo road

Forum > 4WD Tracks & Destinations

Michael (Trout)
17 Dec 2016

Hey everyone,

does anyone have info on kings spur track into mayford?

I have some friends camping there before New Years.

I have a stock Dmax and not sure how roughy the track is in. -

any suggestions would be great

cheers Michael.

Freya (Sparkles)
17 Dec 2016

Hi Micheal

I camped there last year and the track into it is about 10km long. It is a rough track, and quite a steep entry, if wet it would be quite a challenge, there are two river crossings once down on the flat. Of course all this could have changed in the last year if it has been maintained. I dont think you would have an issue not having a lift just requires a bit of technical driving.

Good Luck happy holidays !

I did this track a couple of years ago and I wasn't too tricky,  obviously like most of the high country, the degree of difficulty goes up when it rains. there is another track in from the NEoff the dinner plain track which is quite steep, but this often has a locked gate at the bottom.    Great camp site though. 

Michael (Trout)
17 Dec 2016

Hey Jenkins and Freya,

thankyou for the reply. This gives me a bit more confidence it I were to drive the track.

I will monitor rainfall over the next week

I plan to drive to dargo from walhalla after a trip, will decide if it's worth the long journey next week.

cheers guys than you 

Went in for about 1 km in stock hilux...very rough and steep..seemed to be a bit hard on stock vehicle

Went in for about 1 km in stock hilux...very rough and steep..seemed to be a bit hard on stock vehicle

Hey, if it does look a bit tough, don't despair, plenty of other great camp sites around the area, lower on the Dargo, or the Wentworth or Crooked River.   Lots to see in this area.