1 2   Next

()
04 Dec 2016

Im thinking of going up to bunyip if it rains later , if anyones keen I would love a bit of company , it wont be nothing to silly .

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
04 Dec 2016

How do you promote us as a responsible group if you wait till it rains then go out??

That is the total opposite of responsible 4wding!!

()
04 Dec 2016

Im sorry you lost me Matt 

()
04 Dec 2016

And spit it out this time mate , hope its a good one 

()
04 Dec 2016

How do you promote us as a responsible group if you wait till it rains then go out??

That is the total opposite of responsible 4wding!!

You have issues mate I wanted someone to come for a spin up to Bunyip when it cools down Matt or when it rains your a big mouth , did you have a bad day , I did think you were a straight shooter but now I can see you are just a nasty BIG MOUTH that likes to try and make themselves feel good by trying to make other people feel bad , also Matt next time if I have the misfortune of being on a 4wd track near you dont stand in front of me and tell everyone not to move because your so certain I wont get up that was just rude , and then to have a go at me for reving my car which I would not have had to do if I did not have to stop  .so anyway I removed the responsible bit to keep you happy . my god your a dick head . you can put what you want on here now Matt go for your life, knock yourself out because in the end Bunyip is a 4wd park Toolangi is not .

Matt
Matt (zyttam)
04 Dec 2016

I drive a 4.8, what criticism am I going to get 

responsible to whom, now if he said let's drive behind gates, that's not responsible. 4x4ing in the rain, bigger problems in Vic than that. Have fun 

()
04 Dec 2016

() wrote:

You have issues mate I wanted someone to come for a spin up to Bunyip when it cools down Matt or when it rains your a big mouth , did you have a bad day , I did think you were a straight shooter but now I can see you are just a nasty BIG MOUTH ......

Jason, Matt was referring to the fact that when you go 4WD'ing deliberately when it's wet you are going there intentionally when you can do the most damage to tracks.

Spinning wheels revving the hell out of the engine going through sections only wrecks tracks.

Believe it or not most parks employees DONT WANT 4WD's in there, as they often wreck the tracks making it hard for them and the CFA to do their job.

If we all tread lightly we'll have access to these areas for longer.

To be honest it's just a matter of time before we get locked out of areas, and it's the fault of track wreckers and filthy pigs that rubbish areas.

And BTW don't be a little weeny tosser and go back deleting your comments this time.

Matt
Matt (zyttam)
05 Dec 2016

It's a poor form comment, don't go out when it's raining 

I bet you have never said to kelvin, hey mate your running 35's. They wreck the track đź—ŁBullshit. Better stick on 31 all terrains 0h yeah that high mount of yours don't need a compertition winch. A low mount will do 

When you relise weather plays a major role in destroying tracks and poor dozer operators tell me that I'm right. it's not the guys running 35's or going out in the wet. 

the comment with fire tracks, they arnt meant to be in so called dangerous spots, so I doubt they would be off the main tracks. Wonder where Victoria would be if the greens were not in bed with .......... a lot better place. Vic will be 

()
05 Dec 2016

It's a poor form comment, don't go out when it's raining 

I bet you have never said to kelvin, hey mate your running 35's. They wreck the track đź—ŁBullshit. Better stick on 31 all terrains 0h yea......

Can you show me where I made a comment about 35's?

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
05 Dec 2016

Wow, must have really ruffled a few feathers sorry that was never my intention!!

Thanks for asking but not haveing a bad day but to be bluntly honest life is a little tough at the moment, thanks for asking.

As for my comment I think Mark has covered that, your first post clearly implied that you wanted to go out specifically after it rained and I assumed, sorry once again for making an assumption on posted comment,  that you where going out to play in the mud. Put any spin you want on that and it is nothing short of irresponsible 4wding, excuss the pun.

Regarding our trip to Toolangi, in hind site I should have pulled the pin on the one hard track we did and not resulted in 3 broken cars, one being yours, we live and learn, As far as standing in the middle of the track to block your path, I have no idea what you are talking about. The only section I can think you would possibly be refering to was where you were thrashing your car trying to get up a very slippery embankment, as I recall once you had a good crack at it and did nothing but slid back and forth and then declared you needed to winch I suggested you take a slight different line and use minimal throttle and try to slowly walk up without wheel spin, guess what....

Please can you post details of the dedicated 4wd park at Bunyip, as far as I can find there are no privately owned 4wd parks there and it is purely state park ajoined by Yarra and Torago State Forests( only 1 step down from a national park) which is next to Yarra Ranges National park.

The local council and state goverment own and manage the whole area  and are pushing very hard to create the Greater Yarra National park which will cover from Toolangi to Warby to Bunyip to tallarook and everything in between, this will greatly reduce access for everyone from campers, motor cyclists, 4wders, horse riders and forest workers so please continue your lets go 4wding after it rains attitude and the 35inch tyre BS so all the greenies and goverment bodies have good reason to shut us all out.

Once again it was not my intention to upset you so greatly that you felt the need for personal insult and I humbly apologise  but unless attitudes within the 4wd communitty change dramatically we will be the last generation who has the freedom and privilege we enjoy now.

Have a nice day

Cheers Matt

()
05 Dec 2016

The thing is this part of the forum is for people to post a trip idea that may interest others it is not a debate, my statement originally said that "It was nothing too serious" because I have the logo on the side of my car .

The fact is  that no matter what I put on any of these forums someone has negative comments, the worst thing that is going to happen with this paticular club is the fact that a lot of people just think that going out with the club on a weekend 4wding is a perfect oppurtunity to get blind drunk and drive a motor vehicle, sorry for being snappy , I am very toey at the moment due to my last trip experience.

It really ruined my whole weekend and the trip suggestion I posted here was an attempt to salvage little of the weekend that was left.

Sorry if I came across abrupt and angry, seems a lot of us have bad experiences or day's once in a while.

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
05 Dec 2016

Now I really have no idea what you are on about, your feed back was totally opposite from these comments, very confused and maybe this should be left to private PM'sif you feel the need rather than a mud slinging match on a public forum

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
05 Dec 2016

Some nice editing done there, maybe once in a while we all need to think twice and re read a post before hitting the post reply button.

Its all good Justin, I read your unedited post and wont hold a grudge but its good to know where I stand

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
05 Dec 2016

As far as drink driveing, only a little bit over BLOODY IDIOT.

I have been asking for a code of conduct type of thing on this forum now for quite a while due to some of the behavior I have witnessed out on trips but have always been shot down.

()
05 Dec 2016

I totally agree with that , A lot of times I fly off the handle and I try to fix what I have said by deleting it but anyone who knows me well will know that I would wish everyone a good turn before a bad one , I wont say the internet is new to me it is not Ive been using it since it started but I have never participated in a group that I really like to be a part of that has forums and such so maybe I need to shut my mouth and have a better think , Matt your trip was great Im sorry I just didn't get the comment and I was offended because I love the 4wd Park at Bunyip I even pick up rubbish there its 10 mins or less from my house and I really appreciate the fact that 4wd Victoria maintain it for us I would hate to do anything to ever ruin it . Its funny because if I was 18 or 20 I dont know if the drinking would worry me as much but being nearly 50 and having seen what can happen when a large 4wd hits a family sedan and having my mate trying to put his daughters head back together at the side of the road and then still having to do 7 years in jail on top of it because he had alcohol in his blood from the night before and he was on P plates it annoys me now , If this does not stop we are going to have the worst name of all the clubs , its starting to get out there now and I would hate to see all the goodness and hard work that the people running 4wdtrip.com have put in go to waste just for the sake of a few rules along the lines of no drinking while driving around and only people stipulated in the original posted trip attending , I am not blaming or calling anyone a bad person for leading one of these trips its just there is a time and a place for everything , Also I know nobody wants to be the party poopa or the bad guy but when you post a trip even though everyone is signing the little waver or ticking the little box I can pretty much guarantee if someone were injured or killed for that matter and the emergency services attended and half the people in the trip were well over the limit it would go very bad for all involved and drag 4wdTrip into the lowest class when it is a great thing at the moment .

1 2   Next