Deep Creek No.1 and No.4

Forum > 4WD Tracks & Destinations
Kelvin
Kelvin (TREXGQ)
28 Nov 2016

I've just done a night run at Deep Creek No.1 and No.4 last week. They have been graded! .... Most of the rock ledge hill cimb are gone. 

Obvisouly the killer short cut steep climb after the creek at no.4 is still there. The track is still very steep in some section but nothing like used to be. 

()
28 Nov 2016

Yaeh ,good climb is that one, I think it's called bens climb. Have the parks dropped more logs across it yet? There was one at the bottom and one at the top.

Kelvin
Kelvin (TREXGQ)
28 Nov 2016

() wrote:

Yaeh ,good climb is that one, I think it's called bens climb. Have the parks dropped more logs across it yet? There was one at the bottom and one at the top.

I saw a burnt out log but it was on the side of the track so....... well..... I would never attempt that climb .....too many roll overs

()
28 Nov 2016

Message deleted by the author.

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
28 Nov 2016

Have you seen the blue rangie roll on that hill?? no way I would even attemp it without lockers and even then I doubt I would after the major oops I had a couple of years ago driving a hill like that, not without a car with a roll cage ...

Yes Matt, I think that incident is a good reminder on the danger when attempting any hill climba. Honestly it could happen to anyone on any tracks. When a 4wd has stalled on a steep hill, do not rush to get it going again especially when the car is not in a straight line. Best is to hook up the winch or anything that can secure the vehilce immediately. I always carry drag chain which can also be a handy tool to secure the vehicle quickly alongside with winch and straps..... 

Alex
Alex (TEQ-80)
29 Nov 2016

That was Steve 304 wasn't it   He showed me the video and it made my skin crawl. Apparently the dizzy shaft snapped with the bouncing and the load from the oil pump drive carked it.