Tele Track to the tip

Forum > Trip Ideas (Expression of Interest)
Previous   1 2
Shane
Shane (SICKGU)
14 Nov 2014

Just got a few quotes to transport my patrol from Melbourne to cairns all around the $1900 mark ......think I will be driving up

Keith Irving
Keith Irving (keef)
14 Nov 2014

I'm up for the September october dates. It will give us time to plan,organise time off work and get the misses keen on the idea  etc.

Lucky My misses has her own 4x4 so she wont be a problem (except she'll want to take her Jeep as well)

It would be nice if we can ship our trucks up there but like Shane said that will be expensive (and we'll probably have to drive them back anyway)

Maybe we can get a bulk discount if we have enough trucks going up!..

So Steve.. Post up a trip for  Sep-Oct... Cos i'll be comming...ready or no

Jase
Jase (Jase69er)
16 Nov 2014

Just passing on some info to you all that we have found out for our trip in June/July,,,

-99.9% of the campsites need to be pre-booked and paid for in advance. First in first served.

- Any permits required need to be paid for in advance.

- The ferrie at the Jardine river is $75 per car.

- Be very aware of the 'No Alcohol' restriction, the fine are extreme.

-Qld Police love mod'ed Riggs, they will defect you and make you call a tow truck to get off the Cape.

-8000kms round trip from Melb to the tip and back.

-Average fuel price during peak season (May-October) is $2.50 per ltr.

not wanting to spoil it for any of you but because it is a 4wd Mecca now everyone is cashing in on it and if you don't do your research you'll end up having a shyt trip.

Steve
Steve (tasl)
18 Nov 2014

So I think the september/october dates are the go.  More time to save.   Fuel costs are going to be high.  Plus still need to get a few mods for the car.  Snorkel most importantly

Shane
Shane (SICKGU)
18 Nov 2014

Sounds great....my self and my little boy are in 100%

Tim Cantone
Tim Cantone (Boss)
14 Dec 2014

i plan on going up around june / july with two other vehicles ,would also be open to a little later like october . 

George
George (Georgie_Kyro)
19 Dec 2014

I am also heading to the cape in 2015 but not at that time of month, we are looking to go around May so if anybody is going then too let me know

Previous   1 2