Two trips- November & Feb

Forum > Trip Ideas (Expression of Interest)
1 2   Next
Hoddz
Hoddz (Hoddz)
02 Nov 2016

Ill just float a couple of ideas and see who is interested.  Firstly was looking  at the Deddick trail this 23/11 onwards but with the gates remaining closed that killed that off. (for now!) Instead will be heading to Talbotville  for one or two nights depending on interest. Have one coming along already and happy for others to  join if suits.  Yes its mid week which means less traffic and usually have the place to yourself!! Will be heading into Dargo from Bairnsdale via  Tabberabba Rd  early on the 23/11. Possibly do  the crooked river into Talbot ville . Can meet at Dargo/Talbotville  or Bairnsdale. Hope to cover over the next day or two including Cynthia Range, Billy Goat  (although was just graded in July I think when I last did it but the views are always spectacular!!)   possibly a South Basalt Knob/Brewery Creek loop etc or Collingwood Spur. Open to suggestions also.  Will also hope to wet a line a pick up some trout in some of the more smaller creeks. Not looking at breaking any vehicles just interesting driving/views and a beer. ; )

Deddick/Bendoc Secondly have been planning for some months the Deddick loop (east) If any one interested, now looking at Feb/2017 (possibly 2 nd week will firm that up hopefully this week) 2 nights. RV at Buchan head up the Deddick, night at Mckillops, Armstrong  trk  to Mt Tingargy tk cross into Bendoc where accommodation has been organised already for the second night. (possibly hit the pub or BBQ) Third day down through Errinunda plain back onto the Highway and head back west.  Pretty interesting trip and something a bit different.

Ill post the full trip itinerary  etc based on interest and as the dates firm for the Deddick loop. Post on here or can PM if wish

Cheers

Hoddz

Lorraine
Lorraine (Loopy)
02 Nov 2016

Interested in the February trip. Have not done 4 wheel driving before. Does that matter.

Dennis
Dennis (bigden)
02 Nov 2016

I could be interested in the feb trip, I need to plan things a long way out but dates seem ok at the moment

love to see a bit more info

intrestead in second trip if goes ahead  

Hoddz
Hoddz (Hoddz)
02 Nov 2016

Interested in the February trip. Have not done 4 wheel driving before. Does that matter.

Hi guys, Thanks for the reply! Usually not, although it is the most remote country in Victoria ! In the high country the weather can change in a blink of an eye and the track conditions change dramatically so as a minimum you would want decent AT tyres and possibly a lift for this trip as a minimum. Hope you can make it as it is really fantastic bush that many don’t get to see this far east. Cheers Hoddz

Hoddz
Hoddz (Hoddz)
02 Nov 2016

I could be interested in the feb trip, I need to plan things a long way out but dates seem ok at the moment

love to see a bit more info

Hi Dennis, wil lock down better dates next week and start the further planning. will keep all posted. cheers hoddz

Hoddz
Hoddz (Hoddz)
02 Nov 2016

Thanks steve, this trip is def a go! have two already on board. Will post soild details soon when i finaly nut it all out. cheers hoddz

Hoddz
Hoddz (Hoddz)
02 Nov 2016

Thanks steve, this trip is def a go! have two already on board. Will post soild details soon when i finaly nut it all out. cheers hoddz

To clarify, The two on board are locals from here and know the area well, will  keep the rest of the vacancies open for this web site when posted.

Peter Morris (peter1)
02 Nov 2016

Hoddz, I was at Dargo weekend before last and camped at Blacksnake creek. All the rivers were running extremely fast and full to capacity. Unless they drop substantially over the next few weeks you may not be able to cross either the Wonangatta or Dargo rivers. There was plenty of snow at Grant on the Sunday and I understand the track down to Talbotville had suffered a land slip. Trailers were not recommended although the track was still open to vehicles. I did see one camper trailer come out whilst visiting Grant. Hopefully, the rivers will drop for you by the time you take off but take care. 

I would be interested in your second trip once the full details are known.

Regards

Peter1 

Hoddz
Hoddz (Hoddz)
02 Nov 2016

Hoddz, I was at Dargo weekend before last and camped at Blacksnake creek. All the rivers were running extremely fast and full to capacity. Unless they drop substantially over the next few weeks you may not be able to cross either the Wonangatta......

Thanks Peter, hope you can make the secong trip, will post full details soon. Will be a great trip!! Thanks for ther info re rivers will be keeping a very close eye on them!! cheers hoddz

Dennis
Dennis (bigden)
02 Nov 2016

More firewood might be needed if your on this trip steve 

Julius
Julius (Mishka)
02 Nov 2016

Hi hoddz, i'd be interested in your first trip as well as the second, but i'll have a go on your first, if you work, dates, meeting time's out, count me in. I love fishing.

Julius
Julius (Mishka)
02 Nov 2016

I forgot to say, im in as long as it's 1 or two nights.

G,day Hoddz,

Im rather interested in the Nov run I don't get up that way as often as I'd like so it would be great to head up with other like minded 4x4 enthusiasts.

Cheers Hoddz,

regards

Eddie

Thurstain
Thurstain (Tcm9669)
03 Nov 2016

More firewood might be needed if your on this trip steve 

more than 5 bags, thats for sure wink

1 2   Next