Hi Country Billy Goats Bluff and Blue Rag Range

Forum > 4WD Tracks & Destinations
Previous   1 2

()
04 Nov 2016

My bad, I was thinking of Brewery Creek Track near Kevington, totally different track....

Anyone done Sth. Basalt recently??

That's OK old bloke, I remember my grandad used to get confused and see green chickens on the bed.

He was probably quite happy being mental though.

Hoddz
Hoddz (Hoddz)
04 Nov 2016

() wrote:

Those Buttmunchers graded it a few weeks after I was there last year.

So how were the tracks then mate???

haha, it was liike driving on Collins street without the trams!! smooth as!! Interesting though (and funny) drove up South basalt all the way to Blue rag and passed a few burns being contucted unattended very close to the track. Got to blue Rag with a sign across the road, "Road closed" !! WTF lol  ahhh DELWP! wink

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
04 Nov 2016

() wrote:

That's OK old bloke, I remember my grandad used to get confused and see green chickens on the bed.

He was probably quite happy being mental though.

Ha  Ha, nothing to do with old age, more to do with a miss spent youth I think...

Who are you, what am I doing here, something about green chickens??

WTF

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
04 Nov 2016

haha, it was liike driving on Collins street without the trams!! smooth as!! Interesting though (and funny) drove up South basalt all the way to Blue rag and passed a few burns being contucted unattended very close to the track. Got to blue Rag......

Thats a shame, used to be a great track that really kept everyone honest, not to worry it will come back to its best

()
04 Nov 2016

Ha  Ha, nothing to do with old age, more to do with a miss spent youth I think...

Who are you, what am I doing here, something about green chickens??

WTF

You'll be right old timer, just go on a detox programme, you'll be fine.

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
05 Nov 2016

Na don't need any detox, did that little gem years ago when you were still crapping ya pants, whipper snapper...

Back to the topic, not many hard tracks left anywhere in the high counry as a majority have been graded for fire access and you almost have to go out specifically looking for the hard stuff.

As far as camp grounds just look for the high side and they will be dry and as long as meat heads haven't been doing donuts in them and just ideling through they shouldn't be to muddy, a lot of the  high counrtry missed out on the bulk of the rain this year. A few weeks ago up around the Avon region it was nearly bone dry on the northen slopes

()
05 Nov 2016

Regarding river heights, the wonangatta at crooked has dropped 9cm in the last 3 days.

Click below

http://www.bom.gov.au/fwo/IDV67202/IDV67202.585033.tbl.shtml

()
06 Nov 2016

When I posted that link yesterday the figure from the 1st Nov was 1.87, now it's down to 1.72Metres, so 15cm drop in 5 days.

Mark
Mark (Edge31)
08 Nov 2016

Hi Beck.
I have a friend that went to the High Country over the cup weekend and drove bluerag track without any issues in his hilux. He got there via Dargo High Plains road which was open but had huge pot holes and quite a bit of wash away.
He camped just outside of Talbotville and said it was all ok there.
The rivers were high and strong running. He had a video of a Land cruiser crossing (an unnamed) river and really struggling against the flow. (Thankfully everyone made it across safely).
Have a great trip.

Previous   1 2