Daniel
Daniel (YLDTRK)
30 Oct 2016

Hi fellow 4wders. I am new to this site and i am wondering if anybody would care to organise an otways trip. Im not sure of the tracks out that way thats all. Cheers

Hi mate,

there is bugger all 4x4ing in the otways.

its mainly a tourist destination. 

when i did it, i drove down the great ocean road to portland, drove on the sand dunes for a day, then drove back into the otways...

i did mine in 6 days just cruising around seing all the sites and having an early camp each night.

the otways it'self has many waterfalls, ich would be great to see this time of year and with victorias recent rain fall.... they have a tree top adventure park thing, where you walk a course that takes you up into the tree tops and on the pillar/ counter lever.

south of the otways is a lightghouse and ww2 bunker, a shipwreak and some other bits and pieces, but it costs a fortune to go in and see (rip off if you ask me)

as for 4x4ing there isnt much iconic to the area, the northen forest is like wombat state forest. and south ones have all depi acsess tracks and logging tracks wich can get muddy, but thats about it.... i watched some youtube vidoes on the area, which seemed okay, but i couldnt find anything like it when i was there.

Brad Jones
Brad Jones (BradZook)
01 Nov 2016

I grew up in Geelong. There is some wheeling to be had just need to know where to look. But Nathan is right it's a bit limited. I haven't been in the Otways for ages I would be happy to do a trip down that way.

Daniel
Daniel (YLDTRK)
01 Nov 2016

Hi mate,

there is bugger all 4x4ing in the otways.

its mainly a tourist destination. 

when i did it, i drove down the great ocean road to portland, drove on the sand dunes for a day, then drove back into th......

Thanks mate. I have stumbled accross a few here and there but they are only really fun after a big bout of rain. Cheers for the response.

Daniel
Daniel (YLDTRK)
01 Nov 2016

I grew up in Geelong. There is some wheeling to be had just need to know where to look. But Nathan is right it's a bit limited. I haven't been in the Otways for ages I would be happy to do a trip down that way.
Where should i be looking to go Brad? Cheers for the response

Daryl
Daryl (dizzy)
01 Nov 2016

There's a few tracks closer to Anglesea, some have extended closures and others are MVO tracks but there are a few to drive. Check out Gentle Annie, Moggs Creek, Coalmine, Clark Spur and Big Hill which are all open at the moment.

check here for a map:

http://m.parkweb.vic.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0003/680061/Map20D.pdf

Daniel
Daniel (YLDTRK)
02 Nov 2016

There's a few tracks closer to Anglesea, some have extended closures and others are MVO tracks but there are a few to drive. Check out Gentle Annie, Moggs Creek, Coalmine, Clark Spur and Big Hill which are all open at the moment.

Cheers Daryl, i have been down those tracks a few times already. đź‘Ť

We did a great weekend up and around paddys swamp some good muddy climbs although all would be pretty easy if its dry.

Daniel
Daniel (YLDTRK)
03 Nov 2016

We did a great weekend up and around paddys swamp some good muddy climbs although all would be pretty easy if its dry.
Hey nick. Yeh I know it quite well. I used to ride dirt bikes out there a fairbit until a knee rebuild rendered my riding days over.