Previous   1 2 3 4   Next

Looking forward to joining as complete newbies. From Mill Park 

Chris I'm based Epping been a couple of times with mates but never had to use recovery gear and they never want to do anywhere but same place so if your interested maybe we could find some easy tracks togetger

Hi All.

Count me in - Geelong area here

I've played around a bit with 4x4'ing but I always like to practice the basics

Cheers

Stuart (redrock)
19 Oct 2016

Hi Winston, i have some experience, not a lot. Have done the half day drive on the sand at Robe. Was very scary at time did it alone with my boys nearly got stuck once. Been stuck in a mudhole and winched myself out. But i would like to see how to do such trips properly and learn how to search maps and use them and plan trips. I have tried to ask for which maps etc on variousforums, but you get all the tech heads, they speak a language that i dont always understand. I have a gen 3 pajero 3.2 diesel set up. I have two weeks off at xmas with my two boys, 11 and 7 and want to take them away. But i struggle with planning and how to find places. When i ask for suggestions on forums. People are goid to tell you places and tracks, but they speak as though the tracks and places are aa easy to find as Collingwood. I appreciate the forum members suggestions, but then i struggle to know and find where they are talking about. So mostly i have a car but end up staying home with no idea where to go

Steven
Steven (Dirty Lux)
19 Oct 2016

im in like to try it out new to this from Geelong

Christine
Christine (gone bush)
19 Oct 2016

Hi Winston,

I have done a course and a couple of trips but very much a beginner and would love to be included.

I live in The Doncaster area.

cheers

Christine

Winston
Winston (Winston_FJ)
19 Oct 2016

Hi Winston, i have some experience, not a lot. Have done the half day drive on the sand at Robe. Was very scary at time did it alone with my boys nearly got stuck once. Been stuck in a mudhole and winched myself out. But i would like to see how to do......
Stuart, I know that feeling. That's what makes this place different to other forums in my opinion. Other sites are full of egos and people who guard their information. Over here I've found everyone is helpful and you will find the trips are run in a relaxed and fun manner.

Keep your eyes on the trips section - check it regularly as sometimes the email alerts come through and the lucky ones have already snared the spots. The first beginners trip I'm running will be the week after Christmas- 2 days in Walhalla.

And importantly- don't go 4wding alone! Its a recipe for disaster.

Stuart (redrock)
19 Oct 2016

Stuart, I know that feeling. That's what makes this place different to other forums in my opinion. Other sites are full of egos and people who guard their information. Over here I've found everyone is helpful and you will find the trips are run in a ......
I know its not good to go out alone. The Robe trip on the sang was fun but challenging. I aired down had all the gear. Had read up on sand driving. And yes it was poss more luck than anything that we made it. Some of the markers on the track were less than an inch above the sand hard to spot and find the right track at times. I would like to either take my boys to fraser or tassie over xmas depending on funds. But i would lije some trip tips prior if theres anything available or your free for a chat one night. Im in the western side of melb

Kim
Kim (knowles)
20 Oct 2016

Hi Winston count us in we are total beginners been on one trip with Allan to Briagolong thanks kim & lou vermont

Eli
Eli (Triton Noob)
20 Oct 2016

Winston, sounds great and i am interested. Although i dont have a winch but have recovery gear and points etc.  add me to the list once known and im near the city.

Winston
Winston (Winston_FJ)
20 Oct 2016

What would everyone prefer? A 2 day camping trip with thorough information sessions but also lots of driving? Or a single day with a couple of basic information sessions and less driving? We will be running both, but just so I can have an idea about which option would be more popular.

Stuart
Stuart (Stubious)
20 Oct 2016

What would everyone prefer? A 2 day camping trip with thorough information sessions but also lots of driving? Or a single day with a couple of basic information sessions and less driving? We will be running both, but just so I can have an idea about which option would be more popular.

Either works for me.

cheers

Stuart

Personally with two little tikes at home a 1-day session would be easiest for me.

Amanda
Amanda (navaraluv27)
20 Oct 2016

Either works for me.

cheers

Stuart

Hi Stuart
We'd take the one day too

Evan (Evanlor)
21 Oct 2016

Hey, im defs keen... never done before, located altona north vic

Hello Winston , as another newbie to 4 wheel driving along with our son Jarrod ( currently on his L plates and now the owner of his first car an NL Pajero ) we would both love to join you for the beginners day / weekend / whatever . We also own a Mits Challenger ( my wifes daily driver ) that we have kitted out a bit and cant wait to get out into the bush with other like minded newbies .   Thank you very much for volunteering your time to help us !!  Looking forward to it already , Regards Scott 

PS : We live in Kooweerup but are happy to travel wherever !!

Previous   1 2 3 4   Next