Previous   1 2 3 4   Next
Amanda
Amanda (navaraluv27)
17 Oct 2016

Fantastic idea, we'll be in for sure

Lorraine
Lorraine (Loopy)
17 Oct 2016

Would love to give this a go. We are in Narre warren but prepared to travel.

lorraine

Winston
Winston (Winston_FJ)
17 Oct 2016

Great guys! Keep them coming in.

As I have a solidly booked schedule between now and Robe as well as moving house it will probably have to happen either in the week before Christmas or potentially I could run a couple in the days between Christmas and new years eve. Given its frantic before Christmas might make sense to leave it till after. Once I get a few more numbers and can plot a demographic I can work out where and when I will run the trips.

Another option is that I could run a 2 day, more thorough trip out to Walhalla. I have run an easy loop out there a couple of times now and it's a SOLID challenge for beginners and you will find yourself daunted at times but stock vehicles will be fine in the dry. We would achieve a lot in this manner as we will cover basics on morning 1 then spend the rest of the trip applying them and advancing your skills. A real trip of accomplishment.

Thurstain
Thurstain (Tcm9669)
17 Oct 2016

Also forgot to mention I'm from western suburbs. So wombat / mt macedon is very close to me and there's easy challanges (been a couple times by myself there)... and tracks that even 4 inch lift with 35s would struggle. Also cobaw is fairly close to me.. been there by myself on easy tracks with stock suspension with no dramas, but theres of course some legendary well known tracks, and probably tallarook is not too far from me (just over an hour) but I never been before.

But I have no issues to travel for a weekend trip (with camping) up to Dargo and Licola or Woods Point.. done a few trips up that way by myself (Rubicon and Woods Point area snow driving) and also with 4wdtrip (Licola area, Dargo to Licola via Crooked River and Mt Matlock snow).. so I have a few trips under my belt and no issues with travelling a fair distance as long as we camp the overnight. Even went to Wyperfield and Big Desert for a whole week recently but thats quite far away and definately not a weekender.

One thing is for sure though, I'm going to be working over the new year weekend :( I'm on call for that weekend that's for sure. However would be very keen in getting trip leader training and recovery training if we can work something out.

Christine
Christine (gone bush)
17 Oct 2016

Hi I'm not a total beginner but would be very happy to learn as much as i can. Thanks for all your help so far.

Cheers

Christine

Matty (Matty_kennedy)
17 Oct 2016

I'm keen to come along on a day trip I'm in point cook and don't have a lot of experience with my winch and recovery gear but would love to give it all a test run

im in

we live in orbost in east gippsland and will travel

Shawn
Shawn (Shawn)
17 Oct 2016

Hello Winston thanks for the post and the support for beginners i have done a few trips with mates for fun but looking for different ideas. Im from Heathcote Juction vic right near.Mt Dissapointment

Winston
Winston (Winston_FJ)
17 Oct 2016

Hello Winston thanks for the post and the support for beginners i have done a few trips with mates for fun but looking for different ideas. Im from Heathcote Juction vic right near.Mt Dissapointment
Heaps of easy to medium tracks in Mt Disappointment and Tallarook is one of the best spots I've been to for an easy day out. Of course there are some absolute monsters as well. The Rooftop maps offer an excellent starting point for planning a trip.

Keep it coming guys, I'm building a database and will get some trips organised soon.

For those who've had a bit of experience check out the Tallarook Easy Challenge trip I ran earlier this year. It's got the maps included in the files section and a detailed report of which tracks we did. In the dry I can't see any stock 4wd with low range having a problem with any of it.

Shawn
Shawn (Shawn)
17 Oct 2016

Heaps of easy to medium tracks in Mt Disappointment and Tallarook is one of the best spots I've been to for an easy day out. Of course there are some absolute monsters as well. The Rooftop maps offer an excellent starting point for planning a trip. ......
Thanks Winston for the quick response

I would love to join in as have no experience and wanting to learn live in North Boring(Balwyn)

Stuart
Stuart (Stubious)
18 Oct 2016

That's exactly what I was hoping to find here. Not a total noob, but near enough. frown

Eltham

Stuart

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
18 Oct 2016

Happy to help out where / if I can, let me know if you want a hand running a trip

Darrell
Darrell (Flexit)
18 Oct 2016

I'm in a newbie no experience and am in Seville area

Chris Lowe (Bzngr27)
19 Oct 2016

Looking forward to joining as complete newbies. From Mill Park 

Previous   1 2 3 4   Next