1 2 3 4   Next
Winston
Winston (Winston_FJ)
16 Oct 2016

Hey guys I'm going to run some beginners trips over the summer, all of which are aimed at the total newcomers to this fun past time. Will include an information session at the start about driving techniques, vehicle setups, recovery techniques (and demonstrations) and some basics on navigation and trip planning. Will do some filming of these trips as well as I am looking to put together a guide video for those who are new to it all. These will be for first timers, a chance to get out and test yourself and your vehicle with some experienced drivers leading and tailing the group. If you already know about airing down, correct use of high/low range etc etc don't waste the spots by coming on these trips because you WILL be bored.

Can I please get a show of hands here who is a total newcomer and your location? I will run the trips across several locations and would like to try to include as many of you as possible.

Cheers

Winston.

Terry (Jeepman)
16 Oct 2016

I'm in!!! I live in Somerville near Mornington

Jesse
Jesse (Stirlo)
16 Oct 2016

Be happy to assist in leading these trips :)

Winston
Winston (Winston_FJ)
16 Oct 2016

Thanks Terry.

Cheers Stirlo - was going to ask for your assistance on some. You seem to have Toolangi pretty sussed out.

Thurstain
Thurstain (Tcm9669)
16 Oct 2016

I'm not a total beginner, been on a few trips and did some tough tracks.. But really I would love to learn recovery techniques with the winch and all that. I never has to use winch or any of the recovery gear... Which I good I guess but would be awesome to know how to actually use them!

I also wanna lead an easy trip sometime so could be handy.

I've moved to Sale, gippsland now but if anyone down my way wants to learn recovery basics over summer I'm happy to help. Also if you want a hand with filming I'd like to help if our dates and times match up.

Winston
Winston (Winston_FJ)
16 Oct 2016

I'm not a total beginner, been on a few trips and did some tough tracks.. But really I would love to learn recovery techniques with the winch and all that. I never has to use winch or any of the recovery gear... Which I good I guess but would be awes......
Thurstain, if you've got the gear on your vehicle - winch etc - then we can double it up for you as trip leader training. I'll ride passenger in your vehicle, will meet and plan the trip with you in advance, and I will run the trip from beside you handling the radio calls and navigation etc. But from there you will be well equipped to run whatever trip you want AND get the recovery info session as well.

Count me in. Lysterfield VIC

Rod
Rod (The tuff)
16 Oct 2016

Hi all, I'm very interested, please add me , I'm from Greenvale. Thanks

Thurstain
Thurstain (Tcm9669)
16 Oct 2016

Thurstain, if you've got the gear on your vehicle - winch etc - then we can double it up for you as trip leader training. I'll ride passenger in your vehicle, will meet and plan the trip with you in advance, and I will run the trip from beside you ha......
That would really be awesome!

When you have some dates in mind, please let me know as I'm going to Robe trip, Xmas get together trip and going away for 3 weeks on Jan.. And in between gotta install some mods on the truck before my big trip and also have some weekends that I have to work.

Really keen, thanks.

Rex (WLDTK1)
16 Oct 2016

I'm interested I'm in Dandenong Sth

Hey need some assistance only to glad to jump on board 

Cheers Chris & Greg

Am interested  although not a total beginner I've been out with a few mates who always tell me when and what to sit down to and when to select high or low range as someone else said also never had to use my winch so would be good to learn correct techniques 

Jason
Jason (Deimos)
17 Oct 2016

I'm in. From Tullamarine (Melb)  not far from Airport. I am happy to drive across town.

Pls count me in.im from Broadmeadows 

1 2 3 4   Next