looking for beginer tracks around Geelong

Forum > 4WD Tracks & Destinations

hi guys

I have just recently purchased my 05 prado and I am looking for very basic tracks to try it out on  ( still has road tyres on it for now  )

Ideas would be great

thanks in advance

Jason

Winston
Winston (Winston_FJ)
16 Oct 2016

Hey Jason. Lerderderg is a great place for beginner tracks. Pretty much every track in the park is just that. And not a long drive from Geelong.

Alex
Alex (AlexPatrol)
16 Oct 2016

Enfield state park and also Cresswick out back of Ballarat, not far

Steven
Steven (Dirty Lux)
16 Oct 2016

Hi Jason

i have been to a part of 

Enfield State Park

wasnt to bad

if you like to go out any were give us a buzz im new to all this like to go out more 

Winston
Winston (Winston_FJ)
16 Oct 2016

Just a word on it, make sure you don't go out 4wding alone. Regardless of experience levels or how well setup your vehicle is, there is always the risk of something nasty happening, and often the places we go wheeling have patchy or zero phone reception so things can go from bad to catastrophic easily.

I will run another easy trip out at Lerderderg in the next couple of months to give some more folks new to the hobby a chance to explore their vehicles and some fun terrain as well as challenge themselves.

Hi Jason

i have been to a part of 

thanks guys will look into those areas

Darryl
Darryl (Dazza)
16 Oct 2016

angelsea heath has some easy tracks.nice leisurely drive through the hills.has some hard ones too.

Marty
Marty (Marty12345)
21 Oct 2016

Head out to paddys swamp, pretty tame in the dry the only thing you have to watch out for is the depth of some of those bogholes will eat cars, 99% time there's chicken tracks, and Theres also a few tracks out Anglesea way near the tip hills.that are good fun