How we can support this site?

Forum > General Discussion
Previous   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Next
Thurstain
Thurstain (Tcm9669)
01 Feb 2017

One thing you guys are getting a bit confused about... thie main focus of this website is not for it to be a forum.. but for it to be a trip organising website. That is why the forum probably isnt as user friendly as people would like it to be, its because the main focus is the trip organisation section with reminders, check in, pictures, trip report etc... No other website (to my nowledge) does this. Sure other forums have TRIP sections, but they are still just forum posts... 4wdtrip trip section and setup is completely different. So, as per legalities go it could be completely different and the focus of this website is not for us to talk on here about illegal mods and stuff like that.. but its for us to organise trips and get out there. 

Kelvin
Kelvin (TREXGQ)
01 Feb 2017

One thing you guys are getting a bit confused about... thie main focus of this website is not for it to be a forum.. but for it to be a trip organising website. That is why the forum probably isnt as user friendly as people would like it to be,......

Spot on mate!... You read my mind (and our plan :) 

()
01 Feb 2017

You have made a good point there mate, however a trip arranged on 4wdtrip.com isn't any different to a trip arranged on 4x earth.

The outcome is the same, a bunch of people go driving.

Yes the trip software layout here is totally different, (and fantastic) but other than that I don't see the difference.

Thurstain
Thurstain (Tcm9669)
01 Feb 2017

It's not about the layout, it's about the purpose. Buying a set of tyres from tyresales.com.au (tyre specific website) is the same as buying a set of tyres off ebay (generic selling website) ... So does that mean that since ebay exists (which sells tyres and everything else) Tyresales.com.au (who sell only tyres) should close down?

()
01 Feb 2017

I really don't care if ebay or tyresales close down, another business will always fill a gap in the market.

I don't understand the reasoning you are driving at. There are multiple sites on the net, through dedicated 4wd sites and on social media that arrange trips. This site does not have a monopoly on running trips, it happens all over the net. What makes this site great is the trip running software. That's the difference.

()
01 Feb 2017

Spot on mate!... You read my mind (and our plan :) 

Great to hear from you again.

So moving forward would you like to share with the members the plan for the future?

I see others have provided a varying array of suggestions. I'm sure we would all like your thoughts on where you want the site to be headed and what plans there are.

Thurstain
Thurstain (Tcm9669)
01 Feb 2017

My reasoning is simple. This is a 4wd trip website, not a forum. The website and software purpose is for us to run trips, the forum section is just an added feature for us to talk.

Sure I agree with you, a trip is a trip. I mean if I call up a couple mates and go on a trip.. In the end it's still a trip.. However this website is here to facilitate us organising trips.. Unlike a forum where main focus is information sharing.

Hence, this website should not be compared to other forums or treated as a forum (especially in the legality department) . Basically this means, if Kelvin decides to shutdown the forum section on here, the website will keep on serving it's purpose (through trip section) and will keep on running smoothly however if 4x4earth.com decide to switch off the forum section.... There will be little purpose left of the website.

So yes, a trip is a trip no matter how it's organised, but this website driver is just that.. Organising trips.. Not for us to talk on here (although it's a nice bonus)

Dave
Dave (Stoops)
01 Feb 2017

One thing you guys are getting a bit confused about... thie main focus of this website is not for it to be a forum.. but for it to be a trip organising website. That is why the forum probably isnt as user friendly as people would like it to be,......

Well said Thurstain 

()
01 Feb 2017

Well thurstain, that's interesting. The bigger forums run forums and can run trips.

This site's focus is to run trips, not a forum, but also has a forum.

The bigger ones have 50,000 this has 2000.

Like I said before, someone will always fill a place in the market.

Time will tell if this site fits that niche.  I really hope it does work as the running software is fantastic.

Dennis
Dennis (bigden)
01 Feb 2017

I am a bit of a late comer to this discussion but reading thru the last couple of pages I can't understand all the stress.

I agree with thurstain , this site is predominantly a trip site not a forum. It's probably why the forum here is so quiet. I've been a member of 4x4earth for quite a while and love it as a forum, probably the best around and Ime on 4WD forums around the world , but I've never been on a trip organised by 4x4earth. If as it seems there's people getting a bit excited over what's posted maybe a moderator is required

i love this site for what it is , i love the idea of seeing a trip you want and joining in and putting up an idea and seeing if anyone wants to join in. 

if it requires money to keep it going I am happy to do what's needed

Kelvin
Kelvin (TREXGQ)
01 Feb 2017

Mark_Ranger, I don't want to point a finger and get personal. However, by readying all your comment, I think we, as a community site, just not good enough for you or satisfy you. For that reasons, I would kindly ask you not to post any replies on this thread or any post at all....honestly I just don't need a member like this at all.... 

Honestly, I don't see the point here. Do you go to Mcdonald and ask them share their business plan with you? ...Do you think all car acdident are caused by unroadworthy vehicle? ..Prehaps you have been 4wding for a while the world is not perfect, so as the website or anything at all. 

Anyway, I don't see you fit this forum at all, so please kindly leave or I will cancel your membership. You can go to other forum and join other trips....PLEASE

Last word from me, as the founder of 4WDTRIP. 

Julius
Julius (Mishka)
02 Feb 2017

Mark_Ranger, I don't want to point a finger and get personal. However, by readying all your comment, I think we, as a community site, just not good enough for you or satisfy you. For that reasons, I would kindly ask you not to post any repl......

Good on you cobber,,its been a long time coming, no one have the athoroty to tell if your car is road worthy or not. unless your a copper or vic. roads. Besides he can legaly disconect the sway bars. And swearig at you,i personaly would have tear his teeth out of his head, but that s just me.

Winston
Winston (Winston_FJ)
02 Feb 2017

Good on you cobber,,its been a long time coming, no one have the athoroty to tell if your car is road worthy or not. unless your a copper or vic. roads. Besides he can legaly disconect the sway bars. And swearig at you,i personaly would have te......

Hahaha Julius mate I wasn't really fussed. I was just going to smile and wave as I drove past him if I ever saw him stuck. 😅

For some people the internet is like the special Olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded. (Don't start with any PC stuff guys, it's a joke)

()
02 Feb 2017

I honestly wish you and the website well Kelvin, I really hope it does well.

Thank you to all the fantastic people I have met through here.

Happy wheeling and stay safe.

Bye.

Kelvin

I am really happy with what you do and how you go about it.

I am grateful for your efforts and the work you have put into making this happen.

I am very confident that there are a lot more members out there who feel just the same as me.

Stick with what you've got; works just fine for me!

vbrgds

Rob

Previous   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Next