How we can support this site?

Forum > General Discussion
Previous   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Next

()
30 Jan 2017

Winston it sounds like you were driving like that for some time.You also wrote 

quote "I drive in accordance to not having them and am more concerned about someone taking me out than vice versa. Believe me I'm the most staunch advocate of safe driving." end of quote.

Note you said "THEM"

Anyway regardless of what you were doing you said you have put it/them back in.

So lets all remember that vehicles need to roadworthy on and off road, so that still means sway bars need to be connected offroad.

If there was a death and the coroner found a contributing factor was the sway bar disconnected you would be in serious trouble.

Dave
Dave (Stoops)
30 Jan 2017

() wrote:

Dave
Dave (Stoops)
30 Jan 2017

() wrote:

()
30 Jan 2017

() wrote:

Hey Garry, I believe that dickhead is the same person that the site decided to promote it's branding also has no front OR rear sway bar.

THUS making that vehicle TOTALLY UNROADWORTHY.

What would happen if that dr......

Oh Mark, 

please be nice and we can use nicer language and discuss without specifics as this thread is more on the lines of financial , spiritual and discussion in a respectful manner . 

I know that we do have some highly capable vehicles with experienced drivers out there and in some instances they have snatched and assisted me in the recovery of my vehicle and many others  too . 

I can show you a photoshopped photo of my vehicle mid air - they are easy to achieve within computer software . Don't always jump to conclusions :)

()
31 Jan 2017

Yes Steve, no need for nastiness. I think people need to have it pointed out the dangers of modifying a car yourself, manufacturers have a strict testing procedure and they set vehicles up to perform safely.When people take it upon themselves to change,remove items they need to get it cleared by a VASS engineer. If parts are on the vehicle from the factory it has already gone through that process (you just weren't involved in it). I think that's been covered enough.

()
31 Jan 2017

Message deleted by the author.

()
31 Jan 2017

BTW Steve no need to make up stories like photoshopping about jumping a vehicle as he already admitted to doing it.

Luke
Luke (Hiluxlou)
31 Jan 2017

an annual fee to be on the site would be a good way to support the site , don't know the legalities involved around paying a fee and going on trips ??

()
31 Jan 2017

an annual fee to be on the site would be a good way to support the site , don't know the legalities involved around paying a fee and going on trips ??

LOL I saw your initial post before you edited it.

Yes, I also agree with an annual fee for the site.

Charging for trips involves a contractual agreement where public liability insurance will make it a nightmare, a donation system could potentially work though, I'm not qualified to comment on that.

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
31 Jan 2017

Thread has gone slightly 'off topic', so will try to get it back on track, even though I understand the reason for some of the concerns shown by a few members.

Maybe it is about time we faced some facts and stop living in 'Noddyland'....surprise. So the site has 2000 odd members, (not really as there are quite a few double ups but so be it), and in reality there are about 100 active forum members and the remainder are those who wait for a email in regard to upcoming trips and have no interest in anything else the site may offer. Again, no big deal as that what the site is about; 4wd trips, but the response to this subject has had input from about 20 odd members meaning 'bugger all'members actually visit the forum, or really care.  So to those who suggest we get corporate sponsorship; you are 'all dreaming'. Sponsors want value for money and in actual fact forums are becoming a 'dying breed' due to social media like Faceache etc etc. Any potential sponsor is far more inclined to look at the growing number of online options, such as Unsealed 4x4 and Roothy's Low Range etc etc. No disrespect, but how can this site compete with the likes of them. All other sponsorship goes to the TV shows like of Your 4x4, Pat Callinin's show, Top of Downunder, 4x4 Adventure etc etc. BTW,  there is huge 4wd forum, (50000 members) which has been around a long time that is now going through a situation where funds are required. Very professional, EXTREMELY USER FRIENDLY for those not computer savvy and reasonably active. If lucky, it will get about 10% of its membership prepared to 'put the hands in the pocket'. Part of life now, everyone wants everything for nothing...sad.

Kelvin, Jesse & Winston, please let us know the following;

How many raffle tickets have been sold?

How much merchandise has been bought?.

Not being rude, but I suspect 'sweet f**k all'....sad.

So if funds are required to keep the forum viable, how about having a donation system that should be simple to impliment and will actually find out  how passionate the members are in that they are prepared to 'put their hands in their pocket'. Cant happen overnight, but have a 'closing date of say June 30th 2017 before changes/conditions are implimented. It is as follows;

$20 ANNUAL FEE/DONATION.

By paying this fee/donation, you will receive 1 4wdtrip sticker and enable you to either run or participate in trips run on the site. As well as receiving a sticker, your donation will contribute towards the public liability insurance for Trip Leaders and for updates to the site to make it more 'user friendly'. Please note, this donation is not compulsory, you can still be a member by not paying it, but it means you cannot particpate or run trips.

Will we lose members?; probably but again if members are 'fair dinkum' and want to contribute rather than just be a number, most will be prepared to put in the $$$. As many males say; "Bigger is not necessarily better', so we should not be obsessed with how many members we have, we should concentrate more on having members who are passionate about the forum and those who have an issue over paying $20 per annum for the opportunity to be actively involved in a great 4wd forum; well quite frankly are total tight arses and not worth having if they expect all the benefits available for nothing.

Winston
Winston (Winston_FJ)
31 Jan 2017

Thread has gone slightly 'off topic', so will try to get it back on track, even though I understand the reason for some of the concerns shown by a few members.

Maybe it is about time we faced some facts and stop living in ......

A few hundred raffle tickets and couple of hundred stickers.

Whilst your approach to a membership fee sounds ideal, we want to keep the site free. That was the purpose. To provide a free forum for members to join or host trips.

A premium member scheme is something being considered. And there are a lot of new things that will be announced in coming months that are innovative to the scene so keep your eyes peeled.

()
31 Jan 2017

Well said Allan.

We do have a sponsor which is VicOffRoad , please do consider them if you have any Automotive Lighting and Dual battery system requirements . 

It is really sad and quite off putting the way we as members voice our opinions on this forum. We all are on here for the same reason, to 4WD meet people, grow in skills and generally have a great time with others who enjoy the same. I have read many of the comments and I dont understand why we need to lower ourselves to slagging, name calling and people bashing. Have your say as an adult and work together. Constructive criticism is ok but not what I've been reading of late.  Kelvin created this site and has invited others to assist on the way and that's great for all members so we can get out on the tracks, enjoy the bush, and teach our kids and others the love of the outdoors. I enjoy 4WD Trip in all facets and want it to continue as a great site. Does it matter if a photo is photo shopped NO. Does it matter that some one has 36" wheels No is it going to change anything NO. Lets get on board, make this a great site that people would really like to be a part of. I would pay an Annual fee to be a member without hesitation and buy merchandise to support 4WD Trip. I am proud to be part of this site.  

It is really sad and quite off putting the way we as members voice our opinions on this forum. We all are on here for the same reason, to 4WD meet people, grow in skills and generally have a great time with others who enjoy the same. I have rea......

Also to let you know tickets sold for the raffle were around 288. I bought mine and was sent an up date of the numbers. How come not many of you bought tickets who are active on the forum. 

Thurstain
Thurstain (Tcm9669)
31 Jan 2017

True. I hate these forums for the reason that apparently it's an acceptable place for keyboard warriors. This is not acceptable and usually I don't participate in these "keyboard battles" but honestly the forums feel like they are the place where everyone stabs each other. It's unnecessary and unacceptable.

I been a member of this website for a year now, I been on numerous trips and I went from 0 to 100 when it comes to maximising the capability of my truck. I know how to be safer, how to tackle obstacles etc so I owe most of my 4wd adventures to this site with a few exceptions. I'm hoping to leading a trip or 2 this year to help out the website with running more trips.

I always had excellent fun on every trip I ever been on and mostly friendly people, so I don't understand this bad attitude on the forums! I'd pay $20 a year for this website with or without additional benefits. I participated on raffle, bought stickers and I'm keen on merchandise, waiting on T-shirts! Happy to support the website in anyway I can but seriously this forum has to be cleaned up from all the trash talk and everyone has to take a chill pill and step away from your keyboards.

Previous   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Next