How we can support this site?

Forum > General Discussion
Previous   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Next
Winston
Winston (Winston_FJ)
16 Oct 2016

() wrote:

Liability for an operator is a given mate, but this site offers liability insurance for trip leaders (you may not have known that). That is the part I was questioning. Since a waiver is signed is it necessary?

And still some leeching scum lawyer would find a way around the waiver if they saw enough $$ in litigation.

I think sponsorship packages to suppliers;

merchandise (but again in my club we honestly make no money on merchandise) my suggestion would be to get pre orders so your not holding stock. 

And some form of donation to be a member of the forum 

Perhaps sponsors could have a section on the forum for their merchandise etc? 

I am am more than happy to make a donation of sorts. 

Cheers

Jase

()
17 Oct 2016

Message deleted by the author.

Thurstain
Thurstain (Tcm9669)
17 Oct 2016

I just noticed that the Facebook page now has a shopify store to buy stickers! I think a link to the shopify store should be added on the website.

Hi Guys

I have benn on a few of these trips in the early days and they have been fantastic and I could not understand how it can be run without any financial assistance

I run a small business making under body protection for four wheel drives (www boosbashplates.com.au)

I would be happy to make a donation to help in the running of this page for every set of bash plates we sell when someone mentions they heard of us from 4WD Trip.

Kelvin contact me if this is of interest to you.

Regards

Michael

Jesse
Jesse (Stirlo)
17 Oct 2016

Hi Guys

I have benn on a few of these trips in the early days and they have been fantastic and I could not understand how it can be run without any financial assistance

I run a small business making under body protection f......

Michael myself or Kelvin will be in contact with you soon! Cheers

Jesse
Jesse (Stirlo)
17 Oct 2016

Good news guys, our Facebook shop is now opened!

link to shop: http://www.facebook.com/4wdtrip/shop/

for more information/suggestions see topic below:

http://www.4wdtrip.com.au/offroad/social/forum/read.aspx?originalpostid=7781

()
17 Oct 2016

Message deleted by the author.

()
17 Oct 2016

() wrote:

Hi Kelvin, thanks for the reply, I'm surprised at the hosting costs, though, I actually have no idea how much traffic the site needs to accommodate but $2400 a year in hosting seems massive.

Re insurance have you taken any legal ......

Andrew
Andrew (my truck)
17 Oct 2016

Hi there just a thought I know it prob would be a hassle for some trips or leaders but I think on day or camp trips that a sausage sizzle would be cool like Bunnings. Just a thought ????

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
18 Oct 2016

() wrote:

All trips MUST be on gazzetted roads, if you are not on a gazzetted road ( marked on a map ) you are driving illegally in the bush and up for fines of $1000 / wheel and have no TAC or car insurance.

This saddly also has nothing to do with being sued by a disgruntlled member if things go pear shaped, a weiver that is signed means nothing in a court of law unless its about 50 pages thick and every page is signed and co signed by a legal witness. Any half decent lawyer will get around that. A thief can break into your house and trip over, break a leg and sue... 

()
18 Oct 2016

Andrew
Andrew (whipit)
18 Oct 2016

I would be happy to make a annual donation and also think merchandise is a good idea but can't see that covering all the costs  I joined the site about 18 months ago with no 4wd experience  because it offers what no other site or club does  I feel lucky to have been given expert  advice from various trip leaders,members and have got to meet many great people and been on some awesome trips if I had to join a club to do this how much would have their fees and training day cost me? $200 ish? and even then  would not have been as good as 4wdtrip.com.au so on a give and take basis I'm sure there would be many people happy to help out with the running costs.

I wouldn't like to see compulsory fees or pay per trip I think that would turn people away but how many would go on a  fund raising day or trip if the joining fee was $50 ? 

()
18 Oct 2016

Hi Guys

I run a small business making under body protection f......

Hi MIchael,

Just a question  - do you sell a bashbplate that protects the rear tailshaft? And is there one you can make for me for my LRA tank and stock tank?

() wrote:

Hi MIchael,

Just a question  - do you sell a bashbplate that protects the rear tailshaft? And is there one you can make for me for my LRA tank and stock tank?

Hello Steven

I have a plate that will go back as far as the transfer case only.

I could make one for the LRA tank but will need to see the vehicle.

I am in Kilsyth if you would like me to have a look.

Michael

Previous   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Next